Samsung rolled July 2020 security patch to Galaxy J2 Core with build number J260MUBUBATF1 based on Android 8.1 Oreo. The update brings no major changes except the security fix and bug fixes. It has started rolling in the South American regions at the time of writing this. If you are using Galaxy J2 Core with model SM-J260M, then you can download and install this update manually.
You can always check for the OTA update manually on your Samsung Galaxy J2 Core handset via the device Settings > About Phone > Software updates > Check for updates. If there is a new firmware update available, just make sure to grab it by downloading and installing the firmware update. For a successful and faster update process, you should connect your Galaxy J2 Core to a Wi-Fi network and maintain at least 50% of charge.
Firmware Info: J260MUBUBATF1
- Model Name: Samsung Galaxy J2 Core
- Model Number: SM-J260M
- Region: South America
- Software Version: J260MUBUBATF1
- Android OS Version: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-07-01
- Supported Countries: Mexico, Peru, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil, Columbia, Chile, Trinidad, and Tobago, Panama, Bolivia, and more
Instructions to Install Firmware on Galaxy J2 Core
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy J2 Core device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- Supported Phone: Samsung Galaxy J2 Core SM-J260M
- You need at least a 50% charge on your phone.
- To install this, you need a PC or Laptop with original or genuine USB Cable
- To avoid losing your data, we always recommend taking a complete backup.
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.Steps to install firmware using ODIN tool
So, make sure to download the July 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy J2 Core model with build number J260MUBUBATF1. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.