Samsung started seeding a May 2020 security patch to Galaxy J2 Core (SM-J260M) in the South America region with build version J260MUUBU1ATE4. The update is now live for the South American countries like Mexico, Peru, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil, Columbia, Chile, Trinidad, and Tobago, Panama, Bolivia, and more.
The update is rolling via OTA (over the air) for users which brings nothing major changes except security patch. A new security patch for May 2020 month fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily. So, it’s highly recommended to install this update for better security enhancements. So, either you can wait for the OTA update notification or you can check for it manually.
If you have not received the new build number (J260MUUBU1ATE4) on your Galaxy J2 Core, then manually check for the OTA update before upgrading your device using the ODIN tool. To check for the May patch or latest update, simply go into Settings > System > System updates.
If you have received the update, then ensure that your device battery is charged more than 50% and connected to a Wi-Fi network for faster & stable downloads.
Firmware Details: J260MUUBU1ATE4
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J2 Core
- Model: SM-J260M
- Region: South America
- Build Number: J260MUUBU1ATE4
- Android OS Version: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-05-01
- Supported Country: Mexico, Peru, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil, Columbia, Chile, Trinidad, and Tobago, Panama, Bolivia, and more
Table of Contents
How to Flash Firmware on Galaxy J2 Core using ODIN
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy J2 Core device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (J260MUUBU1ATE4) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy J2 Core.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.How to install stock firmware on Galaxy J2 Core using ODIN tool
So, make sure to download the May 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy J2 Core model with build number J260MUUBU1ATE4. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.