The JBL Live 300 TWS is a popular wireless earbud option with its high-quality sound and comfortable fit. It has been reported that some users have had problems pairing or connecting. You may be unable to listen to your music or answer your phone due to this annoying problem. The problem can be caused by many factors, such as a low battery, Bluetooth not being on or in pairing mode, interference from other devices, or a firmware problem.
Here are a few common solutions to the problem of JBL Live 300 TWS Bluetooth Not Pairing / Working. In just a few minutes, you should be able to get your earbuds working properly again if you follow the steps in this article.
Whether you’re a frequent traveler, a student, or a busy professional, having a reliable pair of wireless earbuds can make a big difference in your daily life. You shouldn’t give up on your JBL Live 300 TWS if you’re having problems with it! It is possible to get them working again with the right approach and enjoy all their advantages.
- Why Does JBL Live 300 TWS Bluetooth Not Pairing / Working Occurs?
- How to Fix JBL Live 300 TWS Bluetooth Not Pairing / Working
Why Does JBL Live 300 TWS Bluetooth Not Pairing / Working Occurs?
There are several reasons why the JBL Live 300 TWS may not be pairing or working properly. There are a number of reasons for this, including the following:
- Low battery: If the earbuds’ battery is low, they may not have enough power to connect to your device.
- Bluetooth not turned on or in pairing mode: Make sure your device’s Bluetooth is turned on and that it is in pairing mode.
- Interference: Other electronic devices, such as routers or other Bluetooth devices, can interfere with the earbuds’ connectivity.
- Firmware issue: A firmware issue can cause the earbuds to malfunction. Updating the firmware can fix bugs and improve connectivity.
How to Fix JBL Live 300 TWS Bluetooth Not Pairing / Working
The JBL Live 300 TWS is a popular wireless earbud option, but some users have reported issues with pairing or connectivity. If you’re experiencing this problem, there you can do a few things to resolve it.
Fix 1: Check The Battery Level
If you are experiencing Bluetooth problems with the JBL Live 300 TWS, you should check the battery level first. The earbuds may be unable to connect to your device due to a low battery. When your earbuds are not connected to the device for more than 5 seconds, hold the button over the LED light for 5 seconds.
A battery level will be indicated by the number of flashes, with one flash indicating a low battery and four flashes indicating a full battery. You should charge the earbuds for at least 10 minutes before trying to pair them again if they have low batteries. With the JBL Live 300 TWS earbuds, you’ll be able to charge them while on the go, thanks to the charging case.
You can charge the earbuds using the included USB cable by placing them in the case and connecting them to a power source. It is important to always check the battery level of your earbuds and charge them before they run out.
Fix 2: Turn on Bluetooth And Put The Device on Pairing Mode
When fixing the JBL Live 300 TWS Bluetooth not pairing or working issue, ensure Bluetooth is turned on and the device is in pairing mode. Bluetooth can be turned on by going to the settings menu and choosing “Bluetooth.” Select “Make the device discoverable” from the settings menu. On some devices, a dedicated Bluetooth button can also be found on the side of the device or on the top.
After you’ve turned on Bluetooth on your device, set it in pairing mode by clicking “Pair new device” or “Add new device.” This will allow other Bluetooth devices to discover your device, including the JBL Live 300 TWS.
You will automatically pair the JBL Live 300 TWS earbuds with your device in pairing mode when the pairing mode is active on your device. If the earbuds are ready to be paired, their LED light should start flashing.
You may need to disconnect from other Bluetooth devices before pairing with the JBL Live 300 TWS if your device is already paired with them. To guarantee good connectivity, your device should be in pairing mode with Bluetooth turned on before trying to pair the earbuds.
Fix 3: Try Resetting The Earbuds
When none of the above steps work, you may be able to resolve the Bluetooth not pairing or working issue by resetting your JBL Live 300 TWS earbuds. The earbuds will now be reset to their factory settings, and any potential software issues will be resolved. These steps will help you reset your JBL Live 300 TWS earbuds:
- Replacing the earbuds in their charging case is as easy as taking them out and putting them back in.
- Ensure that the earbuds have at least 10 seconds of battery life by pressing and holding the button on the back.
- Then, hold the button for a few seconds until the earbuds turn off.
- After you have turned the earbuds off, press the button again to turn them back on. Wait for the LED light to flash once you have done this.
- Ensure that the earbuds are paired to your device again.
The earbuds must be paired again after being reset, as they will also delete any previous pairing information.
If the earbuds are not working properly, you can fix the problem by resetting them. If the earbuds are not working, you can resolve any software issues that are causing the issue. Is JBL Live 300 TWS Bluetooth not pairing or not working? Take this troubleshooting step to resolve the issue.
Fix 4: Update The Firmware
It is also possible to fix Bluetooth pairing or working issues by updating the firmware of the JBL Live 300 TWS earbuds. It is common for firmware updates to resolve connectivity problems, including improvements to performance and bug fixes.
Using the JBL Headphones app on your smartphone will allow you to update the firmware of your JBL Live 300 TWS earbuds. Here are the steps to follow:
- You can download the JBL Headphones app from the App Store or Google Play store.
- Upon opening the app, you will need to connect the earbuds through Bluetooth to your device.
- In the app, select “Firmware Update” from the settings menu.
- You will be notified if a new update is available and prompted to download it.
- Using the instructions on the screen, you can update the firmware.
To update the earbuds, they need to be connected to a power source. You may have to wait a few moments for the firmware to be updated, so don’t disconnect the earphones or close the app until the process is complete.
Whenever the JBL Live 300 TWS earbuds don’t work properly, they can be updated with firmware. Moreover, it improves performance and adds new capabilities. It is a good idea to keep your earbud firmware updated so that you can get the best use out of them.
Fix 5: Move Away From Interference
Bluetooth connectivity issues may occur with the JBL Live 300 TWS earbuds due to interference from other electronic devices. If you experience this problem, you can try moving away from other electronic devices and sources of interference to resolve it. Interference can affect Bluetooth connectivity for a variety of reasons, including:
- Microwaves, routers, cordless phones, and other electronic devices.
- WiFi routers and baby monitors are electronic devices using the 2.4GHz frequency band.
- Metal objects or walls can block the signal.
- Currently searching for Bluetooth connections with other nearby Bluetooth devices.
Whenever possible, try moving your JBL Live 300 TWS earbuds to a different location or turning off the device that is interfering with them. Also, you may be able to solve the problem by moving the earbuds closer to the device they are connected to.
In addition, you may be able to change the Bluetooth channel of your device. Go to the device settings to do this and select a new channel. You may be able to fix your JBL Live 300 TWS earbud connectivity issues by moving away from interference sources.
So, that’s how you can easily fix the JBL Live 300 TWS not pairing/ working issue. We hope that this guide has helped you. Meanwhile, in case you need more info, comment below and let us know.