The South-Korean tech giant Samsung has started pushing a new firmware update to its budget category handset Galaxy J2 Core that was launched back in 2018. Although the device is running on Android Go Edition platform, the company has managed to deliver the latest July security patchset. Currently, it’s live in Colombia and Bolivia region and would arrive at the rest of the regions soon. You can now download and install the July 2020 Security Patch for Galaxy J2 Core over the software version J260MUUBS1ATG2.
The update is based on the Android 8.1 Oreo Go edition and rolling out via OTA in a phased manner. In terms of the security patch version, it brings the system security enhancements and stability improvements. Additionally, this patch fixes a major security vulnerability in the system that could enable a remote attacker in order to affect the device data or software. Therefore, it’s better to upgrade your handset to this software version. Meanwhile, you can check for the OTA update as well.
Table of Contents
Check OTA Updates
The OTA update is rolling out in a phased manner and it may take some time to arrive on all the units completely. Just head over to the device Settings > System > System updates. If any update is available, simply download and install it. Make sure to charge your handset up to 50% minimum and connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
If in case, you’re not getting the OTA update notification, then follow the guide below to manually flash the firmware on your Samsung Galaxy J2 Core.
[note color=”yellow” title_tag=”h2″ title=”Firmware Details: J260MUUBS1ATG2″]
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J2 Core
- Model: SM-J260MU
- Region: Colombia and Bolivia
- Build Number: J260MUUBS1ATG2
- Android OS Version: Android 8.1 Oreo (Go)
- Software Supported: ODIN Flash Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-07-01
How to Install July 2020 Security Patch for Galaxy J2 Core
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy J2 Core device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This ROM supports only on Samsung Galaxy J2 Core units.
- To avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process, make sure to charge it at least 50% or more
- To install this, you need a PC or Laptop with original or genuine USB Cable
- To avoid losing your data, we always recommend taking a complete backup.
[note color=”red” title_tag=”p” title=”Disclaimer:”]GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any kind of hardware or software damage to your device while or after you follow this guide. Proceed at your own risk.[/note]
[note color=”green” title_tag=”h3″ title=”Download Links:”]
- J260MUUBS1ATG2 | Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the July 2020 Security Patch for the Galaxy J2 Core installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
[su_button url=”https://www.getdroidtips.com/flash-firmware-samsung-odin-downloader/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#700aab” color=”#ffffff” size=”7″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: book” icon_color=”#ffffff”]How to install stock firmware on Galaxy J2 Core using ODIN tool[/su_button]
So, make sure to download the July 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy J2 Core model with build number J260MUUBS1ATG2. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.