Google Assistant has long become a part of our life. It is much more than just an application present on our device. Google’s virtual assistant is available on almost all of the major smartphones that are used all around the globe. In most of the older smartphones that had a home button on them. Using that we can activate the Assistant by long-pressing the button. To make things more convenient, there is also an dedicated app in which we can make one tap and enable the Assistant.
However, over the last couple of years, smartphone technology has evolved really well. Especially, there has been a remarkable innovation in augmenting the smartphone hardware. Speaking of which, we come across the popular OnePlus phones which apparently do not use any dedicated gesture to launch the Google Assistant. With its latest upgrades, the Chinese OEM has provided an option that you can create a shortcut for accessing the virtual assistant.
In this guide, we will tell you how to launch Google Assistant with the power button on any OnePlus smartphone.
How to launch Google Assistant using the power button on any OnePlus device
So, without wasting any more time, let’s get down to the steps a OnePlus user needs to follow to launch Google Assistant on his device.
- Go to Settings on your OnePlus device
- Under it scroll down and open the option Buttons and Gestures
- Now under the Buttons and Gestures, look for the last option which says Quick Activate the Assistant app.
- This option is basically a toggle which you have to tap on to enable it.
- See, it was that simple to perform.
Now, go back to the home screen. To launch Google Assistant all you have to do is press the Power button for half a second. Also, if you keep pressing the power button for 3 seconds, then the device switches itself off.
For the first-timers, this may get a bit awkward that while pressing the Power button for some other function, they end up summoning the Google Assistant. However, in no time you will know how to time it correctly.
So, that’s it, guys. If you frequently make use of the Google Assistant daily while using your OnePlus smartphone, then do try out this technique. It will take you only half a second to summon the virtual assistant.
You May Also Like,
- How to Install Google Assistant on smartphones running on Android Lollipop
- How to Remove keyboard black bar issue on the OnePlus 7 Pro running Android 10
- Install HydrogenOS 10.0.6 and 10.0.4 on OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro