Here we will guide you on how to download and install Android 9.0 Pie on Lenovo S5 Pro and S5 Pro GT. This ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie GSI with Treble Enabled. GSI stands for a Generic System image. The moniker “Generic” implies that such software images could be installed on any Treble-enabled device, irrespective of the manufacturer they belong to. We already shared the complete list of devices supported for Android Pie 9.0 Generic System image (GSI).
Now we have good news for Lenovo S5 Pro users. You can now download and install the Android Pie 9.0 GSI on Lenovo S5 Pro. Full Credits to the XDA Recognized Developer phhusson who is the great man behind the work of Project Treble GSI build. Recently, The ROM development community has completely boosted Custom ROM development with the help of Project treble. We’ve seen the Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix, Mokee OS, Pixel Experience has made their way to support most of the budget device based on Kirin, Exynos, Lineage, and other obscure brands.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HSqeuLK4G0″ controls=”alt” rel=”no”]
Features of Android 9.0 Pie:
- Indoor navigation with Wi-Fi RTT
- Gesture Navigation
- App Timer
- Wind Down
- Notch support
- App Actions and Slices
- Lockdown mode
- Zoom in text
- Smarter Notification Channels
- Improvement in messaging apps
- An easier way to take screenshots and edit them
- Auto-Rotate Button
- Dark theme
- Increased security
- Default HTTPS for apps
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices
- Alert tone to notify call recordings
- Media Panel UI change
- Support for HEIF image and HDR VP9 video format
- Autofill in browsers
- 157 new emojis
- Ambient Display for Battery Percentage
- Adaptive Battery
- Adaptive Brightness
- ART improvements
Guide to Install Android 9.0 Pie on Lenovo S5 Pro
If you are looking to install the latest version of Android OS on your device, then please follow this guide below to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie update for Lenovo S5 Pro.[su_note note_color=”#fee9e9″ text_color=”#000000″]Warning: We are not responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk.[/su_note]
- Supported on Lenovo S5 Pro
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, the twrp wipe will not work)
- Download Lenovo USB Drivers and Install on your PC
- You need to unlock the bootloader of your device.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool [To flash via ADB Sideload Method]
Required ROM and Gapps Package:
- Download GSI Treble Firmware Files Here: Download – Download ARM64
Instructions to Flash:
To flash the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Lenovo S5 Pro, you can use the ADB Sideload method.
Install via ADB Sideload
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Android 9.0 Pie on Lenovo S5 Pro based on Project Treble GSI images.
If this method doesn’t work, then go to the AOSP 9.0 Phh-Treble thread in XDA and report your issue.
- How To Install Official Stock ROM On Lenovo S5 Pro (Firmware File)
- How to Install Stock ROM on Lenovo S5 Pro GT [Firmware Flash File]
- Common Lenovo S5 Pro Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial (Android 9.0 Pie / 8.1 Oreo)