LG has started rolling out the Android 9 Pie update to some of its devices in various countries from last month. Recently, LG V30 US Cellular variant starts receiving Android Pie update along with the latest September 2019 patch. Now, the recently launched LG Q7 and Q7 Plus receiving Android 9.0 Pie update in Korea and global very soon. Whereas, LG V20 Android Pie Stable official update is also around the corner and will soon roll-out globally. The LG Q7 and Q7+ comes with Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box. Meanwhile, LG G6 device users are also receiving the Android 9 Pie software update in Europe region and Verizon Wireless USA region as of now.
Though the Android 10 is now official and rolling out to some of the flagship devices by other smartphone OEMs, LG is still trying to cover the Pie update to most of its eligible devices. As we all know that LG isn’t that fast or consistent enough in terms of providing software updates to its devices. Even the newly launched flagship devices take some time to receive the major Android updates mostly. For now, the LG Q7 and LG Q7+ device users are receiving Android Pie update in only home country South Korea.
But the upcoming Q7 Pie update is meant for the various countries which consist of LG U+, SK, and SKT update channel. We have to wait for the official OTA update notification on the specific device models based on regions as well. According to the reports, the Android 9.0 Pie update changelog is the same as software version V20a. Check out the changelog below.
Changelog: LG Q7 and Q7 Plus receiving Android 9.0 Pie (South Korea)
- Android Pie OS upgrade
- Gesture home button function has been added.
- Drag the home button up to see your recent history, or drag left or right to switch to recently used apps.
- Added a setting to always adjust the media volume when pressing the volume button.
- Preview is provided at the bottom right when capturing screen.
- Screen recording function has been added.
- Added battery saving feature.
- You can set whether to run each app background.
- Screen rotation button is provided in the home touch button area when screen rotation is required.
- Improved security so that you can turn off the power after unlocking.
- Added lock icon display setting for added security.
- Press and hold the power button to stop Smart Lock, biometrics and lock screen notifications when the lock is executed.
- When auto-brightness is set, the user can learn the brightness control pattern and set the brightness automatically.
- “Sunset to Sunrise” setting has been added to the viewable mode.
- You can manage the folder access and Wi-Fi control permissions of the app.
- SD card encryption removes the limitation that the screen lock can only be set by PIN or password.
- Fixed the placement of the home screen so that the location of apps and widgets on the home screen does not change regardless of the user’s intention.
When will my LG Q7 get Android 9 Pie update globally?
According to the MyLGPhones report, the global variants of LG Q7 and LG Q7+ will soon receive the Pie update officially. It’s expected that the upcoming software update will arrive by the end of this year. Though there is no official confirmation made from the LG yet.
While the rest of the previously launched LG devices are struggling to get the Android Pie update globally, LG Q7 users are interested to get the Pie update globally within a couple of months after launch. As LG isn’t very fast to deliver major Android updates, it may take some time.