The Taiwanese electronics brand LG is so much popular in terms of providing electronic items around all over the world including smartphones as well. However, the LG smartphone segment isn’t doing that great enough. Whereas, LG isn’t good enough in terms of delivering software updates to its devices than other smartphone OEMs. Most of LG’s flagship devices run on a quite lower Android version or outdated security patch level. Now, if you’re using LG V30 device then you may know that the V30 came with Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box back in 2017. LG took almost two long years to provide the Android Oreo update to this device. Now, LG has started rolling out the Android Pie update in batches for the so many regions. US Cellular LG V30 Android 9.0 Pie update started rolling out along with the latest September 2019 Android Security Patch Level.
Here in this article, we will share with you the firmware details, changelog, firmware update download link, all the pre-requirements, and the complete LG Stock Firmware installation guide as well. So, if you’re using the LG V30 US Cellular variant, then you may receive the official OTA update notification very soon. But if in case, you’re not receiving any OTA update or wants to install the update right now manually, follow the full guide.
Check for OTA Update Manually
- Go to your phone Settings > System Update.
- Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the LG V30 US99830b from U.S. Cellular (Pie) September 2019 update is available on your device, then tap on Download and Install it.
Here we have mentioned the latest firmware details which bring the Android 9 Pie update and September patch June 2019 for LG V30 US Cellular variant.
- Device Name: Verizon LG V30
- Model: US998
- Region: USA
- Carriers: US Cellular
- Baseband Version: US99830b
- Security Patch Level: 2019-09-01 (September)
- Software Supported: LG Flash Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
Download Files and Tools:
Here we have shared all the required tool and files download link including firmware file.
- This firmware file is for LG V30 US Cellular variant only.
- Your device battery should be charged up to 70% at least.
- You will need a Laptop/PC and a USB cable.
- The device should be using Stock Firmware based on Android Oreo.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong.
Steps to Install US Cellular LG V30 Android 9.0 Pie update (KDZ File)
- First of all, Download all the files like KDZ Firmware, LG Drivers and also LG UP latest version.
- Install LG UP exe file on your computer.
- Make sure to install the drivers if you are phone does not detect in your PC/Laptop.
- Now, turn your phone off and then Hold the Volume UP key for few seconds.
- While holding Volume Up key connect your phone to PC using USB Cable (Don’t leave volume key while connecting).
- Release the Volume UP key as soon as the phone goes into Download Mode.
- Open LG UP software on your PC and Select Upgrade.
- Now, in the Select Path, Select your KDZ file from your downloaded folder.
- Once it is loaded, click on the start button down below and wait for the installation to complete.
- Once it is completed, your phone will reboot automatically. Booting may take time. So wait patiently to complete the first booting process.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
Hope this article is useful to you and you have successfully installed or updated the Stock Firmware on your LG device easily. If you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.