Samsung launched the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 on February 2012. The phone came out of the box with Android 2.3 Gingerbread and later upgraded to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Good News for all Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 (codina) owners. Now you can install the latest Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy Ace 2 based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. Lineage OS is a new Open Source project morphed after the death of CyanogenMod OS. However, the man behind the LineageOS seems to be the CEO of Cyanogen.inc Steve Kondik. Today you can enjoy the build of Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy Ace 2 (CM14.1 base ROM). Check the full differences between Stock and Custom ROM here.
Remember this is a stable build of Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy Ace 2. This is a Stable build and can be used as a daily drive. If you want to try LineageOS then head down to the below guide or steps on How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy Ace 2.
With the new LineageOS, you can enjoy the latest features which comes with Android Nougat as well as LineageOS features. This is not an official LineageOS ROM built for Galaxy Ace 2, but you can enjoy the real feature made from the LineageOS gerrit. The ROM is Stable state and can use as a daily driver. Now Download the Android 7.1.2 Nougat Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy Ace 2. You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy Ace 2.
Install the Custom ROM Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy Ace 2 which is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. If you want to try this ROM, then please download and follow the guide on How To Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy Ace 2 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat). By using TWRP Recovery, you can install the Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy Ace 2 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat). Follow the steps below.
What is Lineage OS?
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific codes, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
What is in Android 7.1.2 Nougat and its feature?
Android 7.1.2 Nougat comes with a handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- This will work on Galaxy Ace 2 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed it on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place them in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- How To Install Resurrection Remix For Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 (Android 7.1.2)
- Download and Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat On Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
Here is the Full Guide on How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 On Galaxy Ace 2:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Galaxy Ace 2
- Now install TWRP Recovery using this full guide. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on to your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
Lineage OS 14.1/ Mirror
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 14.1 on your smartphone. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.