Good News for all, Lineage OS builds have finally released the Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Nvidia Shield Tablet (shieldtablet). Now you can install the Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Nvidia Shield Tablet. Follow the below given guide on How to Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Nvidia Shield Tablet.
We had already shared some custom ROM for Nvidia Shield Tablet, So check out this link to install Custom ROM on Nvidia Shield Tablet. If you are here for the first time, then read the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM.
After Cyanogen closed down the company and even all the services including CyanogenMod, a new LineageOS was born by rebranding the CyanogenMod and the company has started developing the new ROM for couple of devices including Nexus Brand and Other supported OEM. The Company behind LinlgeageOS has started rolling the official Lineage OS 14.1 for couple of devices in the first phase. In their Official Blog, Lineage OS has stated that the official builds are planned for more than eighty devices.
- 1 How to Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 On Nvidia Shield Tablet
How to Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 On Nvidia Shield Tablet
In this guide we will guide you on how to install Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Nvidia Shield Tablet. Lineage OS is remake of the earlier released CyanogenMod 14.1 aka CM14.1. The ROM is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat which bundles with couple of extra feature integrated from CM14.1 and Nougat itself. The ROM is in experimental and Nightly build which may have few bugs but can be used as a daily drive without any problem.
If you are coming from CM14.1 aka CyanogenMod 14.1, the developer has made the migration from CM13 or CM14 with hassle free by developing the Experimental data migration builds. So now you can install the Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Nvidia Shield Tablet without performing factory reset. In the experimental build, developer has created a Ugly watermark reminding the users not to use the experimental build has a daily drive, but should treat has a stepping stone for migrating Lineage OS. To enjoy the LineageOS we recommend you to either flash the Nightly build or Weekly build.
What is Lineage OS?
LineageOS is a continuation of what CyanogenMod was. After the death of Cyanogenmod, due in part to internal conflicts within Cyanogen Inc. Don’t worry, though: A new fork of CyanogenMod called Lineage OS is taking up the mantle, and it will keep most of what you loved about CyanogenMod. Lineage OS (Another open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet, based on the Android mobile platform) will be a continuation of what CyanogenMod was, However Lineage OS is still information phase. The success of this project.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
What is in Android 7.1.2 Nougat and its feature?
It’s been a while since Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.1.2 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.1.2 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.1.2 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
CHECK POPULAR POST
- Download Latest Stock Wallpapers from Samsung Galaxy S8!!
- How to port Android O Pixel Launcher on Any Phone!!
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Download and Install Android O Pixel Launcher on Your Android!!
- How to install Android O developer preview!!!
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
Must Check Post :
- How to install TWRP Recovery on Nvidia Shield Tablet
- Simple Guide to Flash Custom ROM on Nvidia Shield Tablet
- Some tricks and tips for Nvidia Shield Tablet
- How to install MIUI on Nvidia Shield Tablet
- This will work on Nvidia Shield Tablet (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Here is the Full Guide on How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 On Nvidia Shield Tablet:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Nvidia Shield Tablet
- Now install TWRP Recovery using this full guide.
- Download the below Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on to your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery , Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 14.1 on your smartphone. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.