Good News for all Wileyfox Spark/Spark+ (Porridge) owners. Now you can install the latest Lineage OS 14.1 on Wileyfox Spark/Spark+ based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. Lineage OS is a new Open Source project morphed after the death of CyanogenMod OS. However, the man behind the LineageOS seems to be the CEO of Cyanogen.inc Steve Kondik. Today you can enjoy the build of Lineage OS 14.1 on Wileyfox Spark/Spark+ (CM14.1 base ROM). Check the full differences between Stock and Custom ROM here.
Remember this is a stable build of Lineage OS 14.1 on Wileyfox Spark/Spark+. This is a Stable build and can be used as a daily drive. If you want to try LineageOS then head down to the below guide or steps on How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Wileyfox Spark/Spark+.
With the new LineageOS, you can enjoy the latest features which comes with Android Nougat as well as LineageOS features. This is not an official LineageOS ROM built for Wileyfox Spark/Spark+, but you can enjoy the real feature made from the LineageOS gerrit. The ROM is Stable state and can use as a daily driver. Now Download the Android 7.1.2 Nougat Lineage OS 14.1 for Wileyfox Spark/Spark+. You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Wileyfox Spark/Spark+.
Install the Custom ROM Lineage OS 14.1 on Wileyfox Spark/Spark+ which is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. If you want to try this ROM, then please download and follow the guide on How To Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Wileyfox Spark/Spark+ (Android 7.1.2 Nougat). By using TWRP Recovery, you can install the Lineage OS 14.1 on Wileyfox Spark/Spark+ (Android 7.1.2 Nougat). Follow the steps below.
What is Lineage OS?
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
LineageOS Cyanogen Inc. made an announcement recently on the evening of 24th of December, 2016 that left many of its users disappointed. Cyanogen Inc has withdrawn the popular Android mod, CyanogenMod. As the announcement was made, users were left with differentiated opinions regarding the future of the Android mod. Few believed that the legacy of CyanogenMod will be taken forward by a new Android mod, however, it was all uncertain. It is amidst such chaos that Lineage OS was introduced and definitely it gave back everyone the answer concerning Android mod.
Lineage OS offers a wide variety of features among which the flexibility it offers for modifications is commendable. It consists of empowering Custom ROMs that enables the user to have better control over their device. It shares the similar vision with which CyanogenMod was formed. Lineage OS is all set to take the legacy of Cyanogen by adopting a structured approach to community-driven custom ROMs and Mods for the Android OS.
CyanogenMod 14.1 is the last official mod that has been released by Cyanogen Inc. The company had plans to “take Android away from Google”, but rather ended up discontinuing its service. Nevertheless, Lineage OS is set to take on from where Cyanogen has left thereby ensuring even better performance. There went around many speculations around the formation of the Lineage OS, and with its entry, it smashed all of them. Lineage OS was initially given a codename LAOS (Lineage Android OS). Keep checking this site for more information about Lineage OS. You can also find Lineage OS related updates for your device here.
What is in Android 7.1.2 Nougat and its feature?
Android 7.1.2 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
CHECK POPULAR POST
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- This will work on Wileyfox Spark/Spark+ (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery On Wileyfox Spark/Spark+
- How To Install Official Stock ROM On WileyFox Spark+
- How To Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat On Wileyfox Spark/Spark+ (CrDroid)
- How To Install MIUI 8 On Wileyfox Spark/Spark+
- How To Install MIUI 9 Update for Wileyfox Spark/Spark+
- How To Install Flyme OS 6 For Wileyfox Spark/Spark+
- List of Best Custom ROM for Wileyfox Spark/Spark+ – Updated
Here is the Full Guide on How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 On Wileyfox Spark/Spark+:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Wileyfox Spark/Spark+
- Now install TWRP Recovery using this full guide. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on to your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 14.1 on your smartphone. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Credit goes to: JonnyTech