Samsung launched the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge last year. The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later upgraded to Android Nougat. In this guide, we will help you to install the latest Lineage OS 15.1 for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
Earlier, we had shared the Lineage OS 15 for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge based on Android 8.0 Oreo. A few days back, Google has released the Android 8.1 Oreo, Lineage team is soon going to release Lineage 15.1. You might be wondering to know what about Lineage 15.0. Well, the fact is they have plans to release 15.1 directly skipping 15.0. Here we have shared the unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. Download and Install the latest Lineage OS 15.1 for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
If you still wondering whether your device will receive Android Oreo update, then check the full list of officially Android Oreo supported device from the manufacturer. In case if your phone has currently outdated and you want to upgrade to latest Android Oreo, then here are the list of Lineage OS 15.0 and Lineage OS 15.1.
This ROM for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge is developed by XDA Senior member, Ivan_Meler. Full Credits to the developer and Lineage team for the Open Source Project. This ROM is still under development. If you find any bugs, then either you can wait for the next update or you can simply revert back to Stock ROM by using the latest ODIN Software.
Android 8.1 Oreo released officially by Google for Pixel and Nexus supported device. Now you can enjoy the Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge unofficially. The ROM brings all the features from Android 8.1 which includes, Picture in Picture mode, New Android O Emoji style, New Notification UI, Settings Overhaul changes, Advanced Doze Mode, Auto Fill Password, etc. Lineage OS also has some of the unique features which allow you to easily root and customize your phone. You will receive the regular update nightly and weekly once the build is official by Lineage tree.
What Is Lineage OS?
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Now you can flash the latest Lineage OS 15.1 on Galaxy S7 and S7 edge by simply following the below guide. To Install this ROM on your phone, you need TWRP recovery. Follow this step to install TWRP recovery on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
- This will work on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S7// Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 15.1 For Galaxy S7 and S7 edge (c9ltechn)
- First of all, install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S7
- Download the below Lineage OS 15 ROM on to your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
Lineage OS 15.1 – Galaxy S7 (herolte)
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 15.1 For Galaxy S7 and S7 edge. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device