Finally, here is the big update. Now you can download and install Lineage OS 16 on BQ Aquaris M5 (piccolo). The XDA Recognized developer has started working on the next version of Lineage OS based on Android Pie called Lineage OS 16. But be careful, we are not responsible if you brick your device or do something wrong. This update is under beta test and we don't even say when exactly the next version comes out. So be patient. If you want to try, then take a complete backup of data on your device or create a Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
If we speak about the specifications, BQ Aquaris M5 features a 5-inch full HD LTPS IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by octa-core Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 paired by 2/3GB of RAM and Adreno 405 GPU for better multi-tasking. It also packs a 16/32GB internal storage and it can be extended up to 64GB via microSD card. The Camera on the BQ Aquaris M5 packs a 13MP primary camera on the rear with LED dual-tone flash and 5MP front shooter for selfies. The BQ Aquaris M5 runs on the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system on top and is powered by Non-removable Li-Po 3120 mAh battery.
To install Lineage OS 16 on BQ Aquaris M5 , your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Lineage OS 16 on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let's understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie and Lineage OS 16.
What's on Android 9.0 Pie?
As we said, Lineage OS 16 is based on the latest OS, Android 9.0 Pie. Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google's Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Watch The Video about What's on Android 9.0 Pie.
Lineage OS 16 Based on Android 9.0 Pie
Lineage OS 16 is the latest Stock Custom Firmware based on the official Android 9.0 Pie AOSP source code. Along with the official Android 9.0 features, the Lineage OS 16 also brings tons of features and customization option which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware feature. Lineage OS one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built by the team behind cyanogen. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the currently best custom ROM built with many new features.
- List of Best Custom ROM for BQ Aquaris M5 [Updated]
- How To Install Official Resurrection Remix On BQ Aquaris M5
- Download Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat On BQ Aquaris M5
- How To Install Lineage OS 15.1 For BQ Aquaris M5 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How to Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For BQ Aquaris M5
Steps to install Lineage OS 16 on BQ Aquaris M5
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: BQ Aquaris M5 (piccolo)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest BQ USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- Lineage OS 16 zip file: Download [Only available for beta testing. Mail your request]
- Check out the supported device list at Lineage OS 16
- Download latest Gapps file:
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your BQ Aquaris M5.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on BQ Aquaris M5.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on BQ Aquaris M5.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Lineage OS 16 zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Lineage OS 16 on BQ Aquaris M5 (piccolo).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That's it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 16 on BQ Aquaris M5. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.