Finally, here is the big update. Now you can download and install Lineage OS 16 on Galaxy S5 (klte). The XDA Senior member haggertk has started working on the next version of Lineage OS based on Android Pie called Lineage OS 16. But be careful, we are not responsible if you brick your device or do something wrong. This update may not be a stable update and we don’t even say when exactly the official version comes out. So be patient. If you want to try, then take a complete backup of data on your device or create a Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
Samsung Galaxy S5 (codename: klte) launched in February 2014. The phone came out of the box with Android 4.4.2 KitKat and later upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Talking about the specifications, Galaxy S5 features a 5.1-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16/32GB internal memory. The camera on the Galaxy S5 comes with 16MP and 2MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Removable Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery with Qi/PMA wireless charging. It also has a Fingerprint sensor in the front.
To install Lineage OS 16 on Galaxy S5 , your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Lineage OS 16 on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie and Lineage OS 16.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
As we said, Lineage OS 16 is based on the latest OS, Android 9.0 Pie. Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Watch The Video about What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
Lineage OS 16 Based on Android 9.0 PieWatch The Video on Lineage OS 16 Android 9 Pie Full Review
Lineage OS 16 is the latest Stock Custom Firmware based on the official Android 9.0 Pie AOSP source code. Along with the official Android 9.0 features, the Lineage OS 16 also brings tons of features and customization option which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware feature. Lineage OS one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built by the team behind cyanogen. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the currently best custom ROM built with many new features.
- How To Install dotOS on Samsung Galaxy S5 based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Update CarbonROM on Samsung Galaxy S5 based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Download and Install Bootleggers ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5 [All Variant]
- How to Install Mokee OS 8.1 Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S5 (All Variant)
- List of Best Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S5 (All Variant)
Steps to install Lineage OS 16 on Galaxy S5Watch The Video on How to install Lineage OS 16
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download and Install Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- Lineage OS 16 zip file: Download
- Download latest Gapps file:
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader, Go to Settings –> USB Debugging –> Turn on th OEM unlock option.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Samsung Galaxy S5.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Lineage OS 16 zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Lineage OS 16 on Galaxy S5 (klte).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 16 on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.