Motorola One Power (chef) launched in August 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and later upgrade to Android 9.0 Pie. Finally, here is the big update. Now you can download and install Lineage OS 16 on Motorola One Power (chef). The XDA Recognized developer erfanoabdi has started working on the next version of Lineage OS based on Android Pie called Lineage OS 16. But be careful, we are not responsible if you brick your device or do something wrong. This update is under beta test and we don’t even say when exactly the next version comes out. So be patient. If you want to try, then take a complete backup of data on your device or create a Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
Motorola One Power features a 6.2-inches Notched IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2246 pixels. The smartphone is powered by 1.8 GHz Kyro-260 Octa-core Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 coupled with 3/4/6GB of RAM and Adreno 509 GPU. The phone packs 32/64GB of internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Motorola One Powercomes with Dual 16MP (f/1.8) + 5MP (f/2.2) phase detection autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash camera and 12MP front shooting camera.
To install Lineage OS 16 on Motorola One Power , your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Lineage OS 16 on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie and Lineage OS 16.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
As we said, Lineage OS 16 is based on the latest OS, Android 9.0 Pie. Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Watch The Video about What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
Lineage OS 16 Based on Android 9.0 PieWatch The Video on Lineage OS 16 Android 9 Pie Full Review
Lineage OS 16 is the latest Stock Custom Firmware based on the official Android 9.0 Pie AOSP source code. Along with the official Android 9.0 features, the Lineage OS 16 also brings tons of features and customization option which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware feature. Lineage OS one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built by the team behind cyanogen. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the currently best custom ROM built with many new features.
- How To Install Official TWRP Recovery On Motorola One Power and Root
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Motorola One Power [chef]
- Motorola One Power Android 9.0 Pie Beta Release Date and Update
Steps to install Lineage OS 16 on Motorola One PowerWatch The Video on How to install Lineage OS 16
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Motorola One Power (chef)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Motorola USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- Lineage OS 16 zip file: Download
- Download AB Partition Zip File
- Check out the supported device list at Lineage OS 16
- Download latest Gapps file:
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Motorola One Power.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Motorola One Power.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Motorola One Power.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- First of all flash the copy-partitions-payton.zip [very important]
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Lineage OS 16 zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Lineage OS 16 on Motorola One Power (chef).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 16 on Motorola One Power. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.