Nokia 7.2 (Model No: ddv-sprout) was launched in September 2019. The phone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie and will be upgraded to Android 10 and 11. Now we have a big update. You can enjoy the custom ROM on Nokia 7.2. Well, yes you can download and install Lineage OS 16 on Nokia 7.2 based on Android 9.0 Pue. Before upgrading make sure to take a complete backup of data on your device or create a Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
In order to install Lineage OS 16 on Nokia 7.2, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. Thanks to one of the XDA Senior member Raghu varma for sharing the firmware file and installation steps. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s take a look at the features of Android 9.0 Pie and Lineage OS 16.
Nokia 7.2 Specifications: Overview
The Nokia 7.2 smartphone sports a 6.3-inches IPS LCD display with 1080×2280 pixels resolution. The display also features HDR10, Always-on display mode, and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. It’s powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC, coupled with Adreno 512 GPU. It packs 4GB/6GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB of internal storage option. There is a dedicated MicroSD card slot for the storage expansion up to 512GB.
It runs on Android One program based Android 9 Pie and packs a non-removable 3,500mAh battery with 10W charging. In terms of the camera department, the handset packs a triple rear camera setup of a 48MP primary wide-angle camera with an f/1.8 aperture lens, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an f/2.2 aperture lens, and a 5MP depth sensor. While the front features a 20MP selfie camera with an f/2.0 aperture lens.
It has connectivity options like Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, USB Type-C port, etc. While the phone features an accelerometer, ambient light, compass, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. The top features of Android 9 Pie are New QS UI, New volume slider, Advanced Battery & Brightness, Notch Support, Digital Wellbeing, New Recent UI, and more.
Watch The Video about What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
Lineage OS 16 Based on Android 9.0 Pie
Lineage OS 16 is the latest Custom Firmware based on Android 9 Pie AOSP which is one of the major and most stable versions by Google yet. It brings plenty of features and customization options which allows users to be more advanced. While the Stock ROM doesn’t provide you that much of customization options. LineageOS is the part of CyanogenOS which was popular and widely used by the users. The CyanogenOS developers working hard to provide better user experience with possible latest versions.Watch The Video on Lineage OS 16 Android 9 Pie Full Review
What's Working and What's not
- Camera / Camcorder
- RIL (LTE/CALL/SMS)
- In-Call Voices/Mic
- Hotspot (2.4Ghz / 5Ghz)
- Audio recording
- GNSS GPS
- USB (ADB/MTP/PTP)
- Audio Playback
- Video Playback
- IR Blaster
- Sensors / Proximity Sensor
What’s not working:
- You tell me.
A quick Disclaimer: Please don’t follow this guide if you don’t have an idea of what you are doing as you might end up messing up with your device. The GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any damage that may be caused to your device.
Steps to install Lineage OS 16 on Nokia 7.2
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Nokia 7.2 (ddv-sprout)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You need to Unlock the bootloader on your device.
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Nokia 7.2.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the TWRP image file, GApps file, and ROM zip file to your device’s internal storage.
- Next, reboot your Nokia 7.2 into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Select Format data > Type YES to confirm [This will wipe everything].
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option.
- Now reboot into recovery again
- Flash Gapps zip file and flash Perf-Stock-9.0-DDV_sprout.zip file.
- Now wipe all except system & vendor
- Tap on reboot bootloader
- Your device will now boot into bootloader mode.
- Open the command window and flash vbmeta using this command given below.
- for slot-a >
fastboot flash vbmeta_a --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img
- for slot-b>
fastboot flash vbmeta_b --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 16 on Nokia 7.2. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.