Updated on April 17, 2018: Today we have the official Lineage OS 16 for OnePlus 5T (dumpling) based on Android Pie. Check out the link given and follow our guide to install Lineage OS 16 on OnePlus 5T.
OnePlus 5T (codenamed dumpling) launched in November 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1.1 Nougat and later upgrade to Android 8.1 Oreo. Finally, here is a big update. Now you can download and install Lineage OS 16 on OnePlus 5T (dumpling). Thanks to the XDA Senior Recognized developer codeworkx, who has started working on the next version of Lineage OS based on Android Pie called Lineage OS 16. If you want to try, then take a complete backup of data on your device or create a Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
To install Lineage OS 16 on OnePlus 5T, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Lineage OS 16 on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie and Lineage OS 16.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
As we said, Lineage OS 16 is based on the latest OS, Android 9.0 Pie. Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Watch The Video about What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
Lineage OS 16 Based on Android 9.0 PieWatch The Video on Lineage OS 16 Android 9 Pie Full Review
Lineage OS 16 is the latest Stock Custom Firmware based on the official Android 9.0 Pie AOSP source code. Along with the official Android 9.0 features, the Lineage OS 16 also brings tons of features and customization option which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware feature. Lineage OS one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built by the team behind cyanogen. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the currently best custom ROM built with many new features.
- Download and Update ArrowOS on OnePlus 5T with Android 9.0 Pie
- How to Install Red Wolf Recovery Project on OnePlus 5T (dumpling)
- Download and Install MIUI 10 On OnePlus 5T (Android Oreo)
- Download and Update Havoc OS on OnePlus 5T with 8.1.0 Oreo Firmware
- How To Install dotOS on OnePlus 5T based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- How to Install Pixel Experience ROM on OnePlus 5T (Android 8.1 Oreo)
Steps to install Lineage OS 16 on OnePlus 5TWatch The Video on How to install Lineage OS 16
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: OnePlus 5T (dumpling)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest OnePlus USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- Official Lineage OS 16 zip file: Download
- Download any latest Gapps file:
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure you are running OxygenOS 5.1 at least once and is currently on latest firmware
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your OnePlus 5T.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5T.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on OnePlus 5T.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Lineage OS 16 zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Lineage OS 16 on OnePlus 5T (dumpling).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 16 on OnePlus 5T. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.