Google Pixel 3 XL (codenamed crosshatch) launched in October 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. Finally, here is the big update. Now you can download and install Lineage OS 16 on Pixel 3 XL (crosshatch). The XDA Recognized developer has started working on the next version of Lineage OS based on Android Pie called Lineage OS 16. But be careful, we are not responsible if you brick your device or do something wrong. This update is under beta test and we don’t even say when exactly the next version comes out. So be patient. If you want to try, then take a complete backup of data on your device or create a Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
Pixel 3 XL from Google is one of the most awaited releases of this year. So, let’s talk about its specs and other details. Pixel 3 XL flaunts a 1440 X 2960 pixel resolution display with a notch. It also packs a Snapdragon 845 chipset along with a 4GB of RAM. We may see a storage of 128 GB along with other storage options like 256/512 GB. Out-of-the-box Pixel 3 XL will run Android OS 9.0 Pie. The camera set-up packs single lens shooter each on the rear and front side.
To install Lineage OS 16 on Pixel 3 XL , your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Lineage OS 16 on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie and Lineage OS 16.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
As we said, Lineage OS 16 is based on the latest OS, Android 9.0 Pie. Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Watch The Video about What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
Lineage OS 16 Based on Android 9.0 PieWatch The Video on Lineage OS 16 Android 9 Pie Full Review
Lineage OS 16 is the latest Stock Custom Firmware based on the official Android 9.0 Pie AOSP source code. Along with the official Android 9.0 features, the Lineage OS 16 also brings tons of features and customization option which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware feature. Lineage OS one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built by the team behind cyanogen. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the currently best custom ROM built with many new features.
- Common Google Pixel 3 XL Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- How to Root Pixel 3XL with Magisk [Pre-patched boot img]
- How to Enable Native Tethering on Rooted Pixel 3 and 3XL Device
- Is Google Pixel 3 and Pixel XL 3 waterproof device ?
- Top 5 Best Rugged Case for Google Pixel 3 and 3 XL [Hard Protector]
A quick Disclaimer: Please don’t follow this guide if you don’t have an idea of what you are doing as you might end up messing up with your device. The GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any damage that may be caused to your device.
Steps to install Lineage OS 16 on Pixel 3 XLWatch The Video on How to install Lineage OS 16
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Google Pixel 3 XL (crosshatch)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Android USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- Lineage OS 16 zip file: Download
- Download any latest Gapps file:
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Google Pixel 3 XL.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Google Pixel 3 XL.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Google Pixel 3 XL.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Lineage OS 16 zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Lineage OS 16 on Pixel 3 XL (crosshatch).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 16 on Pixel 3 XL. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.