Updated on April 17, 2018: Today we have the official Lineage OS 16 for Sony Xperia XA2 (pioneer) based on Android Pie. Check out the link given and follow our guide to install Lineage OS 16 on Sony Xperia XA2.
Finally, here is a big update. Now you can download and install Lineage OS 16 on Sony Xperia XA2 (pioneer). The XDA Recognized Developer LuK1337 has started working on the next version of Lineage OS based on Android Pie called Lineage OS 16. If you want to try, then take a complete backup of data on your device or create a Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
Sony Xperia XA2 launched in January 2018. Sony Xperia XA2 features a 5.2-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm SDM630 Snapdragon 630 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB internal memory. The camera on the Sony Xperia XA2 comes with a 23MP rear camera with LED flash and 8MP front shooting camera for selfies. The handset backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery with Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0). It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
To install Lineage OS 16 on Sony Xperia XA2, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Lineage OS 16 on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie and Lineage OS 16.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
As we said, Lineage OS 16 is based on the latest OS, Android 9.0 Pie. Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Watch The Video about What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
Lineage OS 16 Based on Android 9.0 PieWatch The Video on Lineage OS 16 Android 9 Pie Full Review
Lineage OS 16 is the latest Stock Custom Firmware based on the official Android 9.0 Pie AOSP source code. Along with the official Android 9.0 features, the Lineage OS 16 also brings tons of features and customization option which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware feature. Lineage OS one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built by the team behind cyanogen. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the currently best custom ROM built with many new features.
- Update Android 8.1 Oreo based AOSPExtended Oreo on Sony Xperia XA2
- How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Sony Xperia XA2
- How to Install Official Lineage OS 15.1 for Sony Xperia XA2 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How to fix Sony Xperia XA2 battery problem
- List of Android 9.0 Pie Supported Sony Devices
Steps to install Lineage OS 16 on Sony Xperia XA2Watch The Video on How to install Lineage OS 16
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Sony Xperia XA2 (pioneer)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download and Install Latest Sony USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- Official Lineage OS 16 zip file: Download || Mirror
- Download latest Gapps file:
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Sony Xperia XA2.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XA2.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Sony Xperia XA2.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Lineage OS 16 zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Lineage OS 16 on Sony Xperia XA2 (pioneer).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 16 on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.