Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (amami) launched in January 2014. The phone came out of the box with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and later upgraded to Android 5.1 Lollipopp. Finally, here is the big update. Now you can download and install Lineage OS 16 on Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (amami). The XDA Recognized developer NyQuilXT has started working on the next version of Lineage OS based on Android Pie called Lineage OS 16. But be careful, we are not responsible if you brick your device or do something wrong. This update is under beta test and we don’t even say when exactly the next version comes out. So be patient. If you want to try, then take a complete backup of data on your device or create a Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
To install Lineage OS 16 on Sony Xperia Z1 Compact , your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Lineage OS 16 on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie and Lineage OS 16.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
As we said, Lineage OS 16 is based on the latest OS, Android 9.0 Pie. Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Watch The Video about What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
Lineage OS 16 Based on Android 9.0 PieWatch The Video on Lineage OS 16 Android 9 Pie Full Review
Lineage OS 16 is the latest Stock Custom Firmware based on the official Android 9.0 Pie AOSP source code. Along with the official Android 9.0 features, the Lineage OS 16 also brings tons of features and customization option which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware feature. Lineage OS one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built by the team behind cyanogen. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the currently best custom ROM built with many new features.
- Download Resurrection Remix on Sony Xperia Z1 Compact based Android 9.0 Pie
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery For Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
- Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How To Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat On Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
Steps to install Lineage OS 16 on Sony Xperia Z1 CompactWatch The Video on How to install Lineage OS 16
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (amami)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download Sony USB Drivers.
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- Lineage OS 16 zip file: Download
- Check out the supported device list at Lineage OS 16
- Download latest Gapps file:
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia Z1 Compact.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Sony Xperia Z1 Compact.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Lineage OS 16 zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Lineage OS 16 on Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (amami).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 16 on Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.