UMIDIGI A5 Pro launched in May 2019. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. Finally, here is the big update. Now you can download and install Lineage OS 16 on UMIDIGI A5 Pro. This ROM is built from Lineage OS 16 GSI which is specially for the Treble supported device. If you want to try, then take a complete backup of data on your device or create a Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
To install Lineage OS 16 on UMIDIGI A5 Pro , your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery or you can flash via ADB Sideload method. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Lineage OS 16 GSI on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie and Lineage OS 16.
Talking about the specifications, UMIDIGI A5 Pro features a 6.3-inch IPS display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 Pixels. It is powered by MediaTek Helio P23 MT6763, 64-bit Processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB internal memory with expandable storage support of 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the UMIDIGI A5 Pro comes with a Triple 16MP + 8MP + 5MP rear camera with dual-LED dual-tone flash and 8MP front camera for selfies. It is backed by a Non-Removable 4150 mAh Lithium-Polymer Battery. UMIDIGI A5 Pro also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
As we said, Lineage OS 16 is based on the latest OS, Android 9.0 Pie. Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Watch The Video about What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
Lineage OS 16 Based on Android 9.0 PieWatch The Video on Lineage OS 16 Android 9 Pie Full Review
Lineage OS 16 is the latest Stock Custom Firmware based on the official Android 9.0 Pie AOSP source code. Along with the official Android 9.0 features, the Lineage OS 16 also brings tons of features and customization option which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware feature. Lineage OS one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built by the team behind cyanogen. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the currently best custom ROM built with many new features.
- How to Install Lineage OS 17 for Umidigi A5 Pro | Android 10 [GSI treble]
- How to install AOSP Android 10 Update for Umidigi A5 Pro [GSI Treble]
- Install Stock ROM on Umidigi A5 Pro [Firmware Flash File]
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Umidigi A5 Pro and root using Magisk/SU
- Download Pixel Experience ROM on UMIDIGI A5 Pro with Android 10 Q
[su_note note_color=”#fffef6″ text_color=”#000000″]A quick Disclaimer: Please don’t follow this guide if you don’t have an idea of what you are doing as you might end up messing up with your device. The GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any damage that may be caused to your device.[/su_note]
Steps to install Lineage OS 16 on UMIDIGI A5 ProWatch The Video on How to install Lineage OS 16
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
ROM is still under experiments. GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.
- Supported Smartphone: UMIDIGI A5 Pro
- Charge the UMIDIGI A5 Pro to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
Method 1: Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your UMIDIGI A5 Pro Internal storage.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Lineage OS 16 ROM on UMIDIGI A5 Pro.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. [su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage[/su_note]
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
Method 2: Install via ADB Sideload
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Lineage OS 16 ROM on UMIDIGI A5 Pro based on Project Treble GSI images.
If this method doesn’t work, then go to the Lineage OS 16 ROM Phh-Treble thread in XDA and report your issue.
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
- List of Lineage OS 16 ROM Supported Devices