Mi 6X was launched with Oreo 8.1 out of the box. Since then, no update is rolled out for Xioami Mi 6X smartphone. Since many users want to taste the new features of Android Pie 9.0, There are many custom ROMs available based on Latest Android 9.0 Pie. Today, we will be guiding you on how to download and install the latest and stable version of Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 6X which is based on the latest Stock Android 9.0 Pie.
Lineage OS is a custom ROM port available for a number of devices. It is similar to CyanogenMod is you’re already familiar with custom ROMs. Lineage OS 16 brings stability and few features of Android Pie to Xiaomi Mi 6X. The good news is that Xiaomi Mi 6X users can now download the stable version of Lineage OS 16 on their devices. Lineage OS 16 for Xiaomi Mi 6x is based on stock Android 9.0 and you can expect all the features form Android 9.0 pie.
What’s New with Android 9.0 Pie?
Android Pie is a major update in the Android ecosystem. Its the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Lineage OS 16 Based on Android 9.0 Pie for Xiaomi Mi 6x
As we said earlier that Lineage OS is a custom ROM which is available for a number of devices. Lineage OS is based on official Android 9.0 Pie AOSP source code. Along with the official Android 9.0 features, the Lineage OS 16 also brings additional features and customization options. This allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware features. Lineage OS one of the well-known Custom ROM built by the team behind CyanogenMod. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the currently best custom ROM built with additional features.
Steps to install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 6X
Now if you’re familiar with installing custom ROMs in Android, then it same as that. However, if you have never done this before then dot worry. We will be guiding you through each step and process.
To make the task easy, we have divided the unlocking process into two parts. In the first part, we will brief you about the files requires and Pre-Requisites for the bootloader unlocking process. Then we will start with the actual installation part.
To install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 6X, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Lineage OS 16 on your device.
These are the files you will be needing to Install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 6X. Please, download them before proceeding with the procedure.
- Supported: Xiaomi Mi 6X
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Make sure you have TWRP recovery – Install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi 6X
- Bootloader should be unlocked – Unlock Xiaomi Mi 6X bootloader
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure you are running MIUI Beta at least once and is currently on the latest firmware
- Open TWRP recovery and take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Go back to TWRP main menu and Wipe System Data.
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Lineage OS 16 zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 6X.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi 6X. If you’re facing any trouble with the installation, then let us know via comment section.