Xiaomi Mi A2 (jasmine) launched in July 2018. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and later upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie. Finally, here is the big update. Now you can download and install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi A2 (Jasmine). If you want to try, then take a complete backup of data on your device or create a Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
To install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi A2, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Lineage OS 16 on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let's understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie and Lineage OS 16.
What's on Android 9.0 Pie?
As we said, Lineage OS 16 is based on the latest OS, Android 9.0 Pie. Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google's Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Watch The Video about What's on Android 9.0 Pie.
Lineage OS 16 Based on Android 9.0 Pie
Lineage OS 16 is the latest Stock Custom Firmware based on the official Android 9.0 Pie AOSP source code. Along with the official Android 9.0 features, the Lineage OS 16 also brings tons of features and customization option which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware feature. Lineage OS one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built by the team behind cyanogen. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the currently best custom ROM built with many new features.
Lineage OS 16 Changelog:
-All important bugs are solved now
Steps to install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi A2
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported Smartphone: Xiaomi Mi A2 (Jasmine)
- Charge the Xiaomi Mi A2 to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers.
- You need to Unlock the bootloader on Mi A2.
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2. [How to Install]
- Download Lineage OS 16 here: Download
- Download Gapps File: Open Gapps 9.0 or Mind The Gapps 9.0
- Download Magisk zip file for root your device or flash SuperSU zip file
Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your Xiaomi Mi A2 Internal storage.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Lineage OS 16 ROM on Xiaomi Mi A2.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe ---> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe.
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Zip -> select flashable zip file
- That's it! Now you can install the Gapps using the same method.
- Reboot and enjoy!
That's it! I hope this guide was very useful to install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Mi A2.