Xiaomi is the best choice when it comes to budget smartphones. Xiaomi gives plenty of features at a fraction of a cost. The new Redmi 7 (codenamed onclite) offers significant upgrades over the Xiaomi Redmi 6 including a large 6.26-inch HD+ screen, powerful processor and long battery life. Finally, here is a big update. Now you can download and install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Redmi 7 based on Android Pie. Before upgrading make sure to take a complete backup of data on your device or create a Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
To install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Redmi 7, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Lineage OS 16 on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie and Lineage OS 16.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
As we said, Lineage OS 16 is based on the latest OS, Android 9.0 Pie. Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Watch The Video about What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
Lineage OS 16 Based on Android 9.0 Pie
Lineage OS 16 is the latest Stock Custom Firmware based on the official Android 9.0 Pie AOSP source code. Along with the official Android 9.0 features, the Lineage OS 16 also brings tons of features and customization option which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware feature. Lineage OS one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built by the team behind cyanogen. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the currently best custom ROM built with many new features.
Steps to install Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Redmi 7
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Xiaomi Redmi 7 (onclite)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Suggested TWRP: Download
- MiuiMix ROM: Download
- Lineage OS 16 zip file: Download
- Download any latest Gapps file:
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Redmi 7.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 7.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Once you are done, you need to Wipe the System / Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded MiuiMix zip file and flash it
- You have to clear cache/Dalvik and then flash the Lineage OS 16 image file by going into Install -> Choose Select Image and then flash the image file.
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Pie Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Redmi 7 (onclite).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 16 on Xiaomi Redmi 7. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.