Today we will guide you on how to install the Lineage OS 17.1 on Asus Rog Phone 2 (codenamed I001D) device by following our guide. To install this, you need to unlock the bootloader and install the latest TWRP Recovery on your device. Asus has launched their another flagship-level gaming smartphone called Asus ROG Phone II. It is the successor of the last generation ROG Phone model. The overall device design and form factor all are the same except the hardware specifications.
Yes, now you can enjoy the new Lineage OS 17.1 based on Android 10, which is Google’s 10th version of Android OS with plenty of new features and system UI changes. Thanks to the developer luca020400 for building this custom ROM for Rog Phone 2. According to the developer, the ROM is stable enough to use as a daily driver on Asus Rog Phone 2 (I001D).
Asus Rog Phone 2 Device Overview
The ROG Phone II comes with a 6.59-inches Full-HD+ AMOLED display along with 1080×2340 pixels resolution. It has a 120Hz screen refresh rate, 1ms response time, and supports 10-bit HDR content as well. It’s powered by an octa-core 2.9GHz Snapdragon 855 Plus SoC, coupled with up to 12GB of LPDDR4X RAM. While the handset features 128GB/512GB UFS 3.0 onboard storage options.
The ROG Phone 2 features a 48MP primary camera with a secondary 13MP wide-angle sensor which offers a 125-degrees field-of-view. The rear camera setup also offers an LED flash, HDR, PDAF, Panorama, etc. While the front sports a 24MP selfie camera with AI modes like Portrait, AI Scene Detection, etc. It runs on ROG UI based on Android 9.0 Pie out-of-the-box which can be replaced with Stock like Android UI. It features the dual front-facing stereo speakers with DTS: X Ultra support.
In terms of the connectivity options, the handset includes Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, WiFi-Direct, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, NFC, a 3.5mm headphone jack, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C port, and more. It has a side-mounted connector for gaming accessories or controllers. You can easily mount a gaming emulator for better control and perfect gameplay for longer.
The device features an accelerometer, compass, proximity, hall sensor, ambient light sensor, in-display fingerprint sensor, gyroscope, and an ultrasonic sensor. The ROG Phone II packs a huge 6,000 mAh battery with 30W Asus ROG HyperCharge fast charging technology support.
What’s on the Android 10 version?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already going live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Lineage OS 17.1: Android 10 Build
Lineage OS is an open-source and free operating system that is based on the Android platform. It is the successor to the custom MOD, the CyanogenMod, which shut down its operation in December 2016. However, Cyanogen. Inc retained the rights to the custom MOD and gave a rebranding to it as Lineage OS.
Well, LineageOS 17 will be based on the latest Android 10 and it comes with all the Android 10 features and Lineage customization options which allows users to be more advanced. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17.1 on Rog Phone 2 (I001D) by flashing this custom ROM.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17.1 ROM on Rog Phone 2 (I001D)
First, unlock the Asus Rog Phone 2 bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17.1 on Asus Rog Phone 2.
- This is Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 file and supported for Asus Rog Phone 2 (I001D) only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on Asus Rog Phone 2 (I001D)
- Download the required TWRP file, LineageOS 17 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the TWRP image file, GApps file, and ROM zip file to your device’s internal storage.
- Next, reboot your phone into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- To install the latest recovery: In the recovery menu, tap on Install button > Install zip > Select the TWRP Image file from the location where you have moved earlier.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Now, reboot to recovery mode again.
- In the TWRP menu, go to Wipe section.
- Make sure to clean the data and cache of the old ROM.
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option. Tap on Install -> look for the ROM zip file and flash it.
- The system will be mounted already Uncheck it & Remount system and vendor manually. Then flash Gapps zip file as well.
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17.1 on your Asus Rog Phone 2 (I001D) handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.