Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite (G770F/FD) is now getting the unofficial version of Lineage OS 17.1 developed by Vaughnn Senior Member. If you are a fan of custom ROM, then you may have heard about the ROM called Lineage OS. Today we have the Lineage OS 17.1 version based on Android 10.
To install Lineage OS 17.1 on your Galaxy S10 Lite, you need to unlock the bootloader and must be running the latest TWRP Recovery.
Table of Contents
What’s on Android 10?
Android 10 is the 10th major release of Android OS which was released in September 2019. The update brings major changes to the user interface, new gesture navigation, improved privacy, a new dark mode, smart reply option, location control, enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features. and more.
Lineage OS 17.1: Android 10 Build
Lineage OS is an open-source and free operating system that is based on the Android platform. It is the successor to the custom MOD, the CyanogenMod, which shut down its operation in December 2016. However, Cyanogen. Inc retained the rights to the custom MOD and gave a rebranding to it as Lineage OS.
Well, LineageOS 17 will be based on the latest Android 10 and it comes with all the Android 10 features and Lineage customization options which allows users to be more advanced. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy S10 Lite by flashing this custom ROM.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17.1 ROM on Galaxy S10 Lite
First, unlock the Galaxy S10 Lite bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy S10 Lite.
[note color=”red” title_tag=”p” title=”Disclaimer:”]We’re at GetDroidTips won’t be responsible for any kind of damage or error occurs to your handset while or after following this guide. This is a Custom ROM and may contain some of the bugs or stability issues. We can’t recommend you to use this firmware as your daily driver. Proceed at your own risk.[/note]
- This ROM Supported here on Galaxy S10 Lite only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S10 Lite
- Download the required TWRP file, LineageOS 17 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
[note color=”green” title_tag=”h3″ title=”Download Links:”]
- Lineage OS 17.1 Download
- Download Lineage OS 17.1 Gapps
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers
- Instructions to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S10 Lite
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the TWRP image file, GApps file, and ROM zip file to your device internal storage.
- Next, reboot your Galaxy S10 Lite into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- In the recovery menu, tap on Install button > Install Image > Select the TWRP Image file from the location where you have moved earlier.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Now, reboot to recovery mode again.
- In the TWRP menu, go to Wipe section.
- Select Advanced Wipe > Select the data, system, vendor, cache. Then swipe to wipe it.
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option.
- The system will be mounted already Uncheck it & Remount system and vendor manually. Then flash Gapps zip file as well.
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17.1 on your Galaxy S10 Lite handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.