Motorola Edge (racer) is now getting the unofficial version of Lineage OS 17.1 developed by erfanoabdi Recognized developer. If you are a fan of custom ROM, then you may have heard about the ROM called Lineage OS. Today we have the Lineage OS 17.1 version based on Android 10.
To install Lineage OS 17.1 on your Motorola Edge, you need to unlock the bootloader and must be running the latest TWRP Recovery.
Table of Contents
What’s on Android 10?
Android 10 is the 10th major release of Android OS which was released in September 2019. The update brings major changes to the user interface, new gesture navigation, improved privacy, a new dark mode, smart reply option, location control, enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features. and more.
Lineage OS 17.1: Android 10 Build
Lineage OS is an open-source and free operating system that is based on the Android platform. It is the successor to the custom MOD, the CyanogenMod, which shut down its operation in December 2016. However, Cyanogen. Inc retained the rights to the custom MOD and gave a rebranding to it as Lineage OS.
Well, LineageOS 17 will be based on the latest Android 10 and it comes with all the Android 10 features and Lineage customization options which allows users to be more advanced. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17.1 on Motorola Edge by flashing this custom ROM.
What’s Working and What’s not?
What’s working :
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Playback
- You Tell me
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17.1 ROM on Motorola Edge
First, unlock the Motorola Edge bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17.1 on Motorola Edge.
- This ROM Supported here on Motorola Edge only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on Motorola Edge
- Download the required TWRP file, LineageOS 17 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the TWRP image file, GApps file, and ROM zip file to your device’s internal storage.
- Next, reboot your Motorola Edge into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- In the recovery menu, tap on the Install button > Install Image > Select the TWRP Image file from the location where you have moved earlier.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Now, reboot to recovery mode again.
- In the TWRP menu, go to the Wipe section.
- Select Advanced Wipe > Select the data, system, vendor, cache. Then swipe to wipe it.
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option.
- The system will be mounted already Uncheck it & Remount the system and vendor manually. Then flash Gapps zip file as well.
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17.1 on your Motorola Edge handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.