The Chinese smartphone brand OnePlus is one of the most popular Android smartphone companies that offer only affordable flagship smartphones from the last few years. The OnePlus user base is increasing rapidly all over the world due to its hardware and software performance. OnePlus 7T Pro is the best example for 2019 where the beautiful smartphone packs all the flagship specifications and features. Today we will guide you on how to install the Lineage OS 17.1 on OnePlus 7T Pro device by following our guide. To install this, you need to unlock the bootloader and install the latest TWRP Recovery on your device.
Yes, now you can enjoy the new Lineage OS 17.1 based on Android 10, which is Google’s 10th version of Android OS with plenty of new features and system UI changes. Thanks to the XDA Recognized developer LuK1337 for building this custom ROM for OnePlus 7T Pro. According to the developer, the ROM is stable enough to use as a daily driver on OnePlus 7T Pro (hotdog).
OnePlus 7T Pro Specifications: Overview
The OnePlus 7T Pro comes with a 6.67-inches Quad HD+ Fluid AMOLED 90Hz display with a resolution of 1440×3120 pixels. The display also supports HDR10+ and packs with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection. It runs on OxygenOS 10.0 over Android 10.0 out-of-the-box. The handset is powered by the octa-core flagship Snapdragon 855 Plus chip, coupled with Adreno 640 GPU.
The OnePlus 7T Pro has two variants like one standard 8GB/12GB of RAM, 256GB internal storage option. While the Mclaren Edition 7T Pro comes with single 12GB RAM, 256GB storage. The triple rear camera of 48MP wide, an 8MP telephoto, and 16MP ultrawide lens are available on this device. A 16MP pop-up selfie camera available with an f/2.0 aperture lens.
In terms of the connectivity options, it has Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C port, etc. It has a 4,085mAh battery with 30W OnePlus Warp charging technology. While all the major sensors are available like an in-display fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, and compass sensor.
What’s on the Android 10 version?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already going live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Lineage OS 17.1: Android 10 Build
Lineage OS is an open-source and free operating system that is based on the Android platform. It is the successor to the custom MOD, the CyanogenMod, which shut down its operation in December 2016. However, Cyanogen. Inc retained the rights to the custom MOD and gave a rebranding to it as Lineage OS.
Well, LineageOS 17 will be based on the latest Android 10 and it comes with all the Android 10 features and Lineage customization options which allows users to be more advanced. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17.1 on OnePlus 7T Pro (hotdog) by flashing this custom ROM.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17.1 ROM on OnePlus 7T Pro (hotdog)
First, unlock the OnePlus 7T Pro bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17.1 on OnePlus 7T Pro.
- This is an Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 file and supported for OnePlus 7T Pro (hotdog) only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7T Pro (hotdog)
- Download the required TWRP file, LineageOS 17 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, you can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Lineage OS 17.1 zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Pie Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Lineage OS 17.1 on OnePlus 7T Pro.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17.1 on your OnePlus 7T Pro (hotdog) handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.