The Chinese smartphone brand OnePlus is one of the most popular Android smartphone companies that offer only affordable flagship smartphones from the last few years. The OnePlus user base is increasing rapidly all over the world due to its hardware and software performance. OnePlus 7T Pro is the best example for 2019 where the beautiful smartphone packs all the flagship specifications and features.
On this page, we are sharing the official LineageOS 17.1 for the OnePlus 7T Pro (codenamed hotdog). The team behind the popular LineageOS custom ROM has been extending its supported device list ever since the ROM made its debut this year. For those with the OnePlus 7T Pro, now can enjoy the LineageOS 17.1 support officially.
To install this update on your OnePlus 7T Pro, you must first unlock the bootloader and must install the TWRP Recovery. Well, LineageOS 17.1 is based on Android 10 which is Google’s 10th version of Android OS with plenty of new features and system UI changes.
Table of Contents
OnePlus 7T Pro Specifications: Overview
The OnePlus 7T Pro comes with a 6.67-inches Quad HD+ Fluid AMOLED 90Hz display with a resolution of 1440×3120 pixels. The display also supports HDR10+ and packs with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection. It runs on OxygenOS 10.0 over Android 10.0 out-of-the-box. The handset is powered by the octa-core flagship Snapdragon 855 Plus chip, coupled with Adreno 640 GPU.
The OnePlus 7T Pro has two variants like one standard 8GB/12GB of RAM, 256GB internal storage option. While the Mclaren Edition 7T Pro comes with a single 12GB RAM, 256GB storage. The triple rear camera of 48MP wide, an 8MP telephoto, and 16MP ultrawide lens are available on this device. A 16MP pop-up selfie camera available with an f/2.0 aperture lens.
In terms of the connectivity options, it has Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C port, etc. It has a 4,085mAh battery with 30W OnePlus Warp charging technology. While all the major sensors are available like an in-display fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, and compass sensor.
What’s on the Android 10 version?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already going live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17.1 ROM on OnePlus 7T Pro (hotdog)
First, unlock the OnePlus 7T Pro bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17.1 on OnePlus 7T Pro.
- This ROM is tested only on OnePlus 7T Pro (hotdog.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 7T Pro (hotdog)
- Download the required TWRP file, LineageOS 17 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, you can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on the Install option and look for the downloaded Lineage OS 17.1 zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Pie Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Lineage OS 17.1 on OnePlus 7T Pro.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17.1 on your OnePlus 7T Pro (hotdog) handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.