Today we will guide you on how to install the Lineage OS 17.1 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro (codenamed begonia) device by following our guide. To install this, you need to unlock the bootloader and install the latest TWRP Recovery on your device. The Chinese smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi offers one of the best budget mid-range smartphones with better software, decent hardware along with good cameras. The Redmi Note 8 Pro is another budget mid-range smartphone by Xiaomi that offers a 64MP quad rear camera setup under 15K price tag in India. It offers a 6.53-inches display with a waterdrop notch, HDR-compatible, MediaTek Helio G90T SoC, Android 9 Pie, MIUI 10, up to 8GB of RAM, and more.
Yes, now you can enjoy the new Lineage OS 17.1 based on Android 10, which is Google’s 10th version of Android OS with plenty of new features and system UI changes. Thanks to the developer TheImpulson for building this custom ROM for Redmi Note 8 Pro. According to the developer, the ROM is stable enough to use as a daily driver on Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia).
Redmi Note 8 Pro Specifications:
Redmi Note 8 Pro smartphone was launched on 29th August 2019. It comes with a massive display of 6.53 inches with a resolution of 1080 by 2340 pixels. Redmi Note 8 Pro is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio G90T processor and coupled with 6GB of RAM. The device runs with the latest Android 9.0 Pie and has an all-day-long battery of 4500 mAh. The device supports fast charging as well.
As far as the camera department is concerned, Redmi Note 8 Pro has a 64-megapixel primary camera with an f/1.79 aperture; a second 8-megapixel camera with an f/2.2 aperture; a third 2-megapixel camera and a fourth 2-megapixel camera. The rear camera setup has autofocus. For selfie lovers, it has a 20MP front camera with an f/2.0 aperture.
What’s on the Android 10 version?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already going live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Lineage OS 17.1: Android 10 Build
Lineage OS is an open-source and free operating system that is based on the Android platform. It is the successor to the custom MOD, the CyanogenMod, which shut down its operation in December 2016. However, Cyanogen. Inc retained the rights to the custom MOD and gave a rebranding to it as Lineage OS.
Well, LineageOS 17 will be based on the latest Android 10 and it comes with all the Android 10 features and Lineage customization options which allows users to be more advanced. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17.1 on Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia) by flashing this custom ROM.
- The camera doesn’t have full resolutions support yet
- The fingerprint sensor is buggy
- VoLTE is broken
- SELinux is Permissive
- The global vendor is unsupported (NFC unsupported in short)
- You Tell Me
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17.1 ROM on Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia)
First, unlock the Redmi Note 8 Pro bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17.1 on Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- This is Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 file and supported for Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia) only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia)
- Download the required TWRP file, LineageOS 17 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the TWRP image file, GApps file, and ROM zip file to your device’s internal storage.
- Next, reboot your phone into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- To install the latest recovery: In the recovery menu, tap on Install button > Install zip > Select the TWRP Image file from the location where you have moved earlier.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Now, reboot to recovery mode again.
- In the TWRP menu, go to Wipe section.
- Make sure to clean the data and cache of the old ROM.
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option. Tap on Install -> look for the ROM zip file and flash it.
- The system will be mounted already Uncheck it & Remount system and vendor manually. Then flash Gapps zip file as well.
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17.1 on your Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia) handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.