Finally, LineageOS 17.1 is official for the Sony Xperia XA2 Plus (voyager). This Custom ROM is based on Android 10 Q and now live for more than 200 devices. You can check out our complete list of supported LineageOS 17.1. Well, here we will guide on how you can install the official Lineage OS 17.1 on Sony Xperia XA2 Plus (Codenamed: voyager). The device was launched in July 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo.
Thanks to XDA Recognized developer LuK1337 for developing the ROM based on Android 10. Full credits to him and the whole LineageOS team. As we said, this custom ROM is based on Android 10 which is the 10th iteration of Google’s Android OS with plenty of new features and system UI changes. This year, Google doesn’t with any dessert item name for the new Android version.
After rolling the official Android 10’s AOSP code (Android Open Source Project) in September 2019, since then, LineageOS team has started working on Lineage OS 17.1 for all the supported devices. To install Lineage OS 17.1 on your Sony Xperia XA2 Plus, you need to unlock bootloader and must be running the latest TWRP Recovery. If you are on the old version, you will see error 7 warning text while installing the custom ROM on Sony Xperia XA2 Plus (voyager) device.
Sony Xperia XA2 Plus features a 6.0-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm SDM630 Snapdragon 630 processor coupled with 4/6GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory. The camera on the Sony Xperia XA2 Plus comes with 23MP rear camera with LED flash and 8MP front shooting camera for selfies. The handset backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3580 mAh battery with Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0). It also has Fingerprint sensor on the back.
What’s on the Android 10 version?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already going live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
- Download 50.1.A.13.83 September 2018 Security for Xperia XA2, XA2 Ultra and XA2 Plus
- Sony Xperia XA2 Plus: Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Update OmniROM on Sony Xperia XA2 Plus based on Android 9.0 Pie
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Sony Xperia XA2 Plus
Lineage OS 17.1: Android 10 Build
Lineage OS is an open-source and free operating system that is based on the Android platform. It is the successor to the custom MOD, the CyanogenMod, which shut down its operation in December 2016. However, Cyanogen. Inc retained the rights to the custom MOD and gave a rebranding to it as Lineage OS.
Well, LineageOS 17 will be based on the latest Android 10 and it comes with all the Android 10 features and Lineage customization options which allows users to be more advanced. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17.1 on Sony Xperia XA2 Plus (voyager) by flashing this custom ROM.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17.1 ROM on Sony Xperia XA2 Plus (voyager)
First, unlock the Sony Xperia XA2 Plus bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17 on Sony Xperia XA2 Plus.
- This is an Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 file and supported for Sony Xperia XA2 Plus (voyager) only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XA2 Plus (voyager)
- Download the required TWRP file, Lineage OS 17.1 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the TWRP image file, GApps file, and ROM zip file to your device’s internal storage.
- Next, reboot your Sony Xperia XA2 Plus into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- In the recovery menu, tap on Install button > Install Image > Select the TWRP Image file from the location where you have moved earlier.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Now, reboot to recovery mode again.
- In the TWRP menu, go to Wipe section.
- Select Advanced Wipe > Select the data, system, vendor, cache. Then swipe to wipe it.
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option.
- The system will be mounted already Uncheck it & Remount system and vendor manually. Then flash Gapps zip file as well.
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17.1 on your Sony Xperia XA2 Plus (voyager) handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.