Today we will guide you on how to install the Lineage OS 17 on Mi Max 3 (nitrogen) device by following our guide. To install this, you need to unlock the bootloader and install the latest TWRP Recovery on your device. Well, Xiaomi Mi Max 3 was launched in July 2018 which came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and later upgraded to Android Pie under MIUI 10.
Yes, now you can enjoy the new Lineage OS 17 based on Android 10, which is Google’s 10th version of Android OS with plenty of new features and system UI changes. Thanks to the XDA Recognized developer erfanoabdi for building this custom ROM for Mi Max 3. According to the developer, the ROM is stable enough to use as a daily driver on Xiaomi Mi Max 3 (nitrogen).
Table of Contents
What’s on the Android 10 version?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already going live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Lineage OS 17: Android 10 Build
Lineage OS is an open-source and free operating system that is based on the Android platform. It is the successor to the custom MOD, the CyanogenMod, which shut down its operation in December 2016. However, Cyanogen. Inc retained the rights to the custom MOD and gave a rebranding to it as Lineage OS.
Well, LineageOS 17 will be based on the latest Android 10 and it comes with all the Android 10 features and Lineage customization options which allows users to be more advanced. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17 on Mi Max 3 (nitrogen) by flashing this custom ROM.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17 ROM on Mi Max 3 (nitrogen)
First, unlock the Xiaomi Mi Max 3 bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17 on Xiaomi Mi Max 3.
- This is Android 10 based Lineage OS 17 file and supported for Xiaomi Mi Max 3 (nitrogen) only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max 3 (nitrogen)
- Download the required TWRP file, LineageOS 17 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install:
1. Extract system image from Android 10 GSI zipped file using the app of your choice (ZArchiver in my case)
2. Boot into your recovery (I used Nijel’s TWRP 3.2.3-3 and 3.2.3-4)
3. Back up your current ROM
4. Wipe data, system, art/Dalvik and cache
5. Tap install. Then tap ”Image”. Then select the (extracted) Lineage-17 system image, then tap System. Swipe to install.
6. Install the Permissiver_v4 zip file.
7. Install FixZygote_V2 zip file
8. Install Magisk 19.4 zip file.
9. Boot into the system. Tap ”OK” on the screen pop up.
10. Reboot into TWRP.
11. Install OpenGaps.
13. Reboot the system and set up your phone.
14. Reboot the phone and start using it.
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17 on your Xiaomi Mi Max 3 (nitrogen) handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.