Google has announced the latest 10th-gen of Android OS called Android 10 officially and Google has uploaded Android 10 Source Code to the AOSP (Android Open Source Project) as well. On the other side, HMD Global has launched the Nokia 7.2 handset recently with a budget mid-range specifications. Currently, one of the senior members of XDA Developers, Raghu Varma has developed an unofficial version of Lineage OS 17 for the Nokia 7.2 (Codenamed as Daredevil) device. The mentioned handset runs on Android 9 Pie over Android One program out-of-the-box. If you’re using the Nokia 7.2 device, then you can now download and install the Lineage OS 17 for Nokia 7.2 based on Android 10 Q.
Android 10 is the latest and stable official Android OS version which was released a couple of months ago this year. Eventually, you can say that it’s the successor version of the Android 9.0 Pie. The Android 10 offers some of the most useful and new features which we have mentioned below. This time Google has decided to go with the current Android OS version as an official name instead of a traditional dessert item name.
It’s worth mentioning that Android is a Linux-based Open Source Project by Google that’s also known as AOSP. After releasing the Android 10 Source Code by Google and uploading it to the AOSP, Lineage OS developers have worked hard to implement the Lineage OS 17 (Android 10) for a couple of Android smartphones. First of all, you have to unlock the device bootloader if you’re intended to flash the Lineage OS 17 Custom Firmware on your Nokia 7.2 handset. Here we have provided all the requirements, download links, and firmware installation guide below for your ease.
Nokia 7.2 Specifications: Overview
The Nokia 7.2 smartphone sports a 6.3-inches IPS LCD display with 1080×2280 pixels resolution. The display also features HDR10, Always-on display mode, and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. It’s powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC, coupled with Adreno 512 GPU. It packs 4GB/6GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB of internal storage option. There is a dedicated MicroSD card slot for the storage expansion up to 512GB.
It runs on Android One program based Android 9 Pie and packs a non-removable 3,500mAh battery with 10W charging. In terms of the camera department, the handset packs a triple rear camera setup of a 48MP primary wide-angle camera with an f/1.8 aperture lens, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an f/2.2 aperture lens, and a 5MP depth sensor. While the front features a 20MP selfie camera with an f/2.0 aperture lens.
It has connectivity options like Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, USB Type-C port, etc. While the phone features an accelerometer, ambient light, compass, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
What’s on the Android 10?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already going live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Lineage OS 17: Android 10 Build
Lineage OS is an open-source and free operating system that is based on the Android platform. It is the successor to the custom MOD, the CyanogenMod, which shut down its operation in December 2016. However, Cyanogen. Inc retained the rights to the custom MOD and gave a rebranding to it as Lineage OS.
Well, Lineage OS 17 will be based on the latest Android 10 and it comes with all the Android 10 features and Lineage customization options which allows users to be more advanced. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17 on Nokia 7.2 (Daredevil) by flashing this custom ROM.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17 ROM on Nokia 7.2 (Daredevil)
First, unlock the Nokia 7.2 bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17 on Nokia 7.2 device.
What's Working and What's Not?
Double tap to wake
Double tap to sleep
Selinux – permissive
1. Camera broken due to no proper Q libs & kernel sources from Hmd
2. vendor is based on pie so we can actually expect bugs
3. internal storage cant be able to access due to we need to wait for proper Q kernel sources again from hmd especially for Nokia 7.2 & 6.2
- This is Android 10 based Lineage OS 17 file and supported for Nokia 7.2 (Daredevil) only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on Nokia 7.2 (Daredevil)
- Download the required TWRP file, Lineage OS 17 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the TWRP image file, GApps file, and ROM zip file to your device’s internal storage.
- Next, reboot your Nokia 7.2 into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Select Format data > Type YES to confirm [This will wipe everything].
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option.
- Now reboot into recovery again
- Flash Gapps zip file and flash Perf-Stock-9.0-DDV_sprout.zip file.
- Now wipe all except system & vendor
- Tap on reboot bootloader
- Your device will now boot into bootloader mode.
- Open the command window and flash vbmeta using this command given below.
- for slot-a >
fastboot flash vbmeta_a --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img
- for slot-b>
fastboot flash vbmeta_b --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17 on your Nokia 7.2 (Daredevil) handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.