Finally, LineageOS 17.1 official for the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (codenamed z3c) device. Well, we all know LineageOS is one of the popular custom ROM which was earlier known as CyanogenMod. For those with the Xperia Z3 Compact, now can enjoy the LineageOS 17.1 support officially.
Well, LineageOS 17.1 is based on Android 10 which is Google’s 10th version of Android OS with plenty of new features and system UI changes. Just like every custom ROM, to install Lineage OS 17.1 on your Xperia Z3 Compact, you need to unlock the bootloader and must be running the latest TWRP Recovery.
Table of Contents
What’s on the Android 10 version?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already going live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17.1 ROM on Xperia Z3 Compact (z3c)
First, unlock the Xperia Z3 Compact bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17.1 on Xperia Z3 Compact.
- This Custom ROM is test only Xperia Z3 Compact (z3c)
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on Xperia Z3 Compact
- Download the required TWRP file, LineageOS 17 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the TWRP image file, GApps file, and ROM zip file to your device internal storage.
- Next, reboot your Xperia Z3 Compact into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- In the recovery menu, tap on Install button > Install Image > Select the TWRP Image file from the location where you have moved earlier.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Now, reboot to recovery mode again.
- In the TWRP menu, go to the Wipe section.
- Select Advanced Wipe > Select the data, system, vendor, cache. Then swipe to wipe it.
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option.
- The system will be mounted already Uncheck it & Remount the system and vendor manually. Then flash the Gapps zip file as well.
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17.1 on your Xperia Z3 Compact handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.