In this tutorial, we will show you how to download and install Lineage OS 18.1 on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime device. The Google-owned OS is open-source in nature. This allows the user base to try out tons of customizations and modifications on their devices. For starters, they could install themes, icon packs, and launchers from the Play Store. But this is just the beginning. There are a plethora of other tweaks that you could try out on your device.
All that is required is an unlocked bootloader, and you could easily set your foot in the custom development. The possibilities are endless, from installing a custom recovery like TWRP to gaining root access via Magisk. Along the same lines, you could also try out a customized Android OS in the form of custom ROMs. And in this guide, we will be discussing just that. Today, we will show you the steps to install Lineage OS 18.1 onto your Galaxy Grand Prime device.
Lineage OS 18.1 with Android 11 Features
Among all the custom ROMs available for our device, Lineage has been among the oldest player. In its early days, it was known as CyanogenMod and now this ‘lineage’ seems to have been rightly carried forward. Based on the Android Open Source Project, you will be able to welcome a few handy customization options to your device. The ROM isn’t known to offer a plethora of features, rather it maintains an equilibrium with the stability front.
Regarding the latest LineageOS 18.1, it is based on the latest Android 11 that has just been released. This in turn translates to the user getting blessed with some noteworthy features. These include a separate Conversation section, OneTime Permissions, and the new Notification History. Likewise, there has been the introduction of Chat Bubbles and a native Screen Recorder. The Media Player has now also been moved to the Quick Settings with some handy Media Controls options.
Refer to our detailed instructions on how to install lineage OS 18.1 onto Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime.
How to Install LineageOS 18.1 on Galaxy Grand Prime
Before we list the instructions, there are a few points worth discussing. We want to state that the ROM is an unofficial build and in the alpha stage. So you could face a few stability issues as well as bugs. On that note, here are all the working features and the bugs present in this ROM:
What’s Working and What’s Not
WHAT WORKS: - WiFi - RIL - GPS - Bluetooth - Audio - Sensors - Brightness - Flash - Camera (+ video recording with preinstalled Google Camera Go) - Hotspot - SafetyNet (basic attestation) - NFC BROKEN: none at the moment, yay!
So if you are ready to install LineageOS 18.1 onto your Galaxy Grand Prime device, then here is all the required information. Let’s start with the requirements set.
- gprimeltexx (SM-G530FZ) (since V1beta) - fortuna3g (SM-G530H) [XXU] (since V3stable) - fortunave3g (SM-G530H) [XCU] (since V3stable) - fortunalteub (SM-G530M) (since V3stable) - gprimelte (gprimelte, gprimeltecan, gprimeltetmo, gprimeltemtr, gprimeltevl) (since V4stable) - fortuna3gdtv (since V4stable) - others coming soon...
- First and foremost, create a complete device backup. This is because we will be wiping the data partition which will format your device.
- Next up, you will need to unlock the bootloader on your device. If you haven’t done so, refer to our guide on How to Unlock the Bootloader on Galaxy Grand Prime.
- Once that is done, you must also have the TWRP Recovery installed. You can refer to our guide on Installing TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Grand Prime.
- Also, enable USB Debugging on your device so that it gets recognized by your PC in the ADB Mode. For that, head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Next, up, download, and install the Android SDK Platform Tool on your PC. This will provide you with the necessary binary files.
- Also, download and install the Samsung USB Drivers onto your PC.
- Finally, download the Lineage OS 18.1 on Galaxy Grand Prime: Android File Host / Google Drive [mirror]
- If you want Google Apps as well, then download the Android 11 GApps file
That’s it. You may now proceed with the installation steps.
Instructions to Install Lineage OS 18.1 on Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
- Transfer the downloaded ROM and the GApps file to your device’s Internal Storage.
- Now connect it to the PC via USB Cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Head over to the platform-tools folder on your PC, type in CMD in the address, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt window.
- Execute the below command in the CMD window to boot your device to TWRP Recovery
adb reboot recovery
- Now that your device is booted to TWRP, head over to the Wipe section and tap on Advanced Wipe.
- Then, select the System, Vendor, Data, and the Cache partition and perform a right swipe to format the selected partitions.
- After this, go to the Install section of TWRP. Navigate to the downloaded ROM Zip file, select it, and perform a right swipe to install it one by one.
- The process might take a few minutes. When the flashing is complete, go back to the Install section and this time select the GApps package. Perform a right swipe to install this file as well.
- You may now reboot your device to the newly installed OS. For that, head over to Reboot and select System.
With this, we conclude the guide on how to install Lineage OS 18.1 on the Galaxy Grand Prime device. Do let us know your views about this ROM in the comments section below. Furthermore, you could also drop in your queries in the comments. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that deserve your attention as well.
Source: XDA | Credits to Gabboxl
This rom is not working
After flash this rom os is not working
Tried it too and it ain’t worked. Any other options available?