The new Redmi 7 (codenamed onclite) offers significant upgrades over the Xiaomi Redmi 6 including a large 6.26-inch HD+ screen, powerful processor and long battery life. Finally, Liquid Remix ROM is now live for Xiaomi Redmi 7 based on Android 9.0 Pie. Yes! Now the ROM is official for Xiaomi Redmi 7 (onclite). You can install the Liquid Remix ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 7 by following our guide given below. Thanks to all the community of Liquid Remix for bringing the stable custom ROM with many features oriented from Lineage OS, AOKP, OmniROM and more.
To install any Custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 7, the first thing you need to do is unlock the bootloader and then you must install the latest TWRP Recovery. So if you get any error, make sure to search for the new TWRP image file. Before we jump into installation guide, let’s brief about the Liquid Remix ROM history.
Liquid Remix ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 7 (onclite):
Liquid Remix ROM is an age custom ROM developed by XDA Senior member liquid0624 (formerly known as Ryan), along with other devs Apophis9283 (Steaven), Wrongway213 (Tyler) and community contributors. The ROM is an open source built from scratch and developed by the essence of adding many features from all the best ROMs out there. Finally, the developer released Liquid Remix which is based on Android 9.0 Pie.
Steps to Install Liquid Remix ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 7:
Make sure to follow the pre-requisite and read the steps carefully,
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
- Supported: Xiaomi Redmi 7 (onclite)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You need a PC or a laptop to flash this ROM.
- Make sure to install the USB Drivers on your PC/Laptop.
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Instructions to Install on Xiaomi Redmi 7:
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Redmi 7.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 7.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Once you are done, you need to Wipe the System / Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded MiuiMix zip file and flash it
- You have to clear cache/Dalvik and then flash the Liquid Remix ROM image file by going into Install -> Choose Select Image and then flash the image file.
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Pie Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Liquid Remix ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 7 (onclite).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Liquid Remix ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 7 (onclite). Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.