Today Huawei started rolling the March 2018 security patch for Huawei Mate 9. The update is currently supported for variant MHA-AL00 and MHA-TL00 with latest Android Oreo firmware. Now you can download and install the firmware on your device by following our simple guide.
The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) and it is sent in a phase-wise manner. The update may take a couple of days or even weeks to reach every corner of the world. Along with March 2018 Security Patch, the update also Adds Headset monitoring, allowing you to listen to your voice when doing karaoke. It supports mainstream Karaoke apps, including Tianlai KTV and Wesing. The update also improves the smoothness of the Wechat game Tiaoyitiao.
Talking about the specs on Huawei Mate 9 Pro, The device sports a 20MP + 12MP Dual rear cameras and an 8-Megapixel front shooter for selfies. Huawei Mate 9 Pro features a 5.5 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen Display with a 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution. It is powered by a Hisilicon Kirin 960 chipset processor with Mali-G71 MP8 GPU paired with 6GB RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory, that can be expanded up to 256G.
To install this OTA update, first of all, make sure you are running on Stock Android ROM without root or mods. Even if you have unlocked the bootloader, then upgradation process may fail. You can follow the below instructions to manually check for the Software update.
How to Check Software Update Manually?
- First of all, Go to Settings
- Tap on Update option and in some phone, you need to go into system menu to see the update option
- Tap Check for updates
- Your phone will now check for updates.
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: Checking and downloading software updates will use data included in your plan. If you have a data limit, then use a stable WiFi Connection to start the downloading process. Also, make sure you have enough battery on your phone. [/su_note]
This way you can check if you have any OTA update on your Huawei Mate 9. In case if you find the Huawei Mate 9 March 2018 Security Update build, then you can hit the download button to install the update on Huawei Mate 9.
Steps to March 2018 Security Patch for Huawei Mate 9 Manually
If you still not received March 2018 Security Patch for Huawei Mate 9, then you can simply proceed with our manual upgradation process. Follow the procedure given below. Download the March 2018 Patch and install manually.
Currently Supported Build and Download link
- This Update is only for Huawei Mate 9 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- You need to Activate Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Make sure that you have latest Huawei USB drivers installed
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder.
Some Useful Tips and Tricks:
- Downgrade Huawei Mate 9 from Android 8.0 Oreo To Nougat
- Download Latest Magisk zip, Magisk Manager and Root your phone
- Install Xposed Framework for Android Oreo – Download Xposed v89
- How to Use Android Pay on any rooted or Bootloader Unlocked device
I hope you have successfully flashed the March 2018 Security Patch for Huawei Mate 9 using this guide. If any queries or feedback, please leave a comment.