A new software update is now seeding for the latest Huawei P20 Lite. This upgrade is making it’s way over-the-air for variants ANE-L02, ANE-L21, ANE-L03, and ANE-L23. It brings the March 2019 security patch for Huawei P20 Lite along with performance and stability improvements. The software is based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Like the usual, this update will be rolled out for users via OTA update. Since this update is subjected to a large audience, some users might not get this update in due time. Thankfully, there an option for a manual update which we will discuss down below.
Table of Contents
How to Check Software Update on Huawei P20 Lite
This is an incremental rollout that will reach the users gradually all over the globe. So, if you have the patience you can wait for it to knock in automatically. Otherwise, go to device Settings –> System –> System Update –> Check for Updates —> Download Updates Manually. This will now search for the latest software update and if you see it’s available, then to download it, use a Wi-Fi connection. Of course, the software OTA file size is of 368 MB, so downloading via Wi-Fi will save your carrier data charges. Also, make sure to have ample battery charge of 50% or more before installing the OTA.
- Device Name: Huawei P20 Lite
- Model: ANE-L02, ANE-L21, ANE-L03, and ANE-L23
- Security Patch Level: 01.03.2019
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Size : 1.7 GB
- Type: Full firmware image
- Status: Official
Integrates Google security patches released in March 2019 for improved system security. For more information on the security of Huawei EMUI system updates, please visit the official Huawei website: https://consumer.Huawei.com/en/support/bulletin/2019/3/.
Download March 2019 Security Patch for Huawei P20 Lite
- ANE-L21C33B147 (22.214.171.124)
- ANE-L21C185B168 (126.96.36.199)
- ANE-L01C185B168 (188.8.131.52)
- ANE-L21C432B178 (184.108.40.206)
- ANE-L01C432B178 (220.127.116.11)
- ANE-L03C25B153 (18.104.22.168)
- ANE-L02C25B153 (22.214.171.124)
- ANE-L21C10B150 (126.96.36.199)
- ANE-L21C461B150 (188.8.131.52)
- ANE-L03C605B161 (184.108.40.206)
- ANE-L23C605B161 (220.127.116.11)
- ANE-L03C212B152 (18.104.22.168)
- ANE-L03C69B150 (22.214.171.124)
- ANE-L03C521CUSTC521D001B148 (126.96.36.199)
Steps to Install Firmware on Huawei P20 Lite
Before following the below guide on how to install March 2019 Security Patch for Huawei P20 Lite, you need to follow certain requirements. Download the required files before flashing the firmware on your phone.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.