Finally, Mate 10 has launched officially in the market after all the leaks and rumors. The device has the big screen, small bezels, and features the AI hardware. If you are planning to buy this beautiful budget smartphone by Huawei, then you should know that smartphone may have some issue which can be easily resolved. Here are the Common Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro Problems and How to Fix it.
Talking about the specs, Both Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro looks identical except in screen size and shape. The Huawei Mate 10 features a 5.9-inch 2560 x 1440 LCD display while Mate 10 Pro comes with 6-inch 2160 x 1080 OLED display. The display aspect ratio is also different with both the phone, where mate 10 comes with 16:9 and Mate 10 Pro has 18:9 which makes the Mate 10 Pro feels like a smaller phone. It is powered by Hisilicon Kirin 970 Processor clubbed by 4GB of RAM. It has Internal storage of 64GB. You can even expand the expandable memory up to 256GB. Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro Sports dual cameras with f/1.6 at the rear and 8MP camera at the front for selfie shoot. It has a 4000mAh non-removable battery. The smartphone runs on Android 7.0 Nougat and will soon release the Android 8.0 Oreo update.
Whether you’ve seen the Mate Series phones released internationally or are just getting interested in the Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro on its own, there’s a good amount of information to take in about this budget-friendly device.
This is an amazing smartphone which has all the features which you expect from an expensive and high-end Device. There are so many features which could impress you. E.g. you can enjoy:
- Watching Movies & Videos
- Playing games
- Internet Surfing
- A Fingerprint Scanner on the back and more.
Also, this phone has some great features like:
- Great Performance
- Low budget
- A lot of Incredible Features
But unfortunately, this smartphone has some problem detected. A lot of people have a complaint regarding some issues about this smartphone. However, these issues were only because of some small software glitch faced by the users. Also, these issues can be solved. So no worries if you have this device and this article is about how to fix Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro.
- Steps to How to Fix the Common Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro Problems
- Problem 1: Bad Quality of Front Camera
- Problem 2: Earpiece Sounds Robotic
- Problem 3: Bluetooth connectivity issue
- Problem 4: Too much bloatware
- Problem 5: SD Card Remains Undetected
- Problem 6: Unable to eject the SIM tray
- Problem 7: Unresponsive Touchscreen
- Problem 8: Overheating and battery drain issue
- Problem 9: Slow performance
- Problem 10: Wi-Fi issue
- Problem 11: Brightness problem in Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro
- Problem 12: Mobile Data Connectivity Issue
Steps to How to Fix the Common Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro Problems
Here in this article, I would like to share all those Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro problems and also their fixes to make your journey with this smartphone easier. I have listed some common Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro problems faced by the users along with their fixes. So continue to read my article and get Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro Solutions.
Problem 1: Bad Quality of Front Camera
Users are not satisfied with the performance and low light solutions of its front camera. To get the best pictures, find the below steps, although we cannot counter the hardware constraints.
- While taking a picture, make sure you have an adequate amount of light in the area. That’s mean you should position yourself in some light to have a good picture.
- Negligible light goes through to the sensor, due to the small aperture of a smartphone camera. Therefore, we get grainy pictures because of lowlight photography.
Problem 2: Earpiece Sounds Robotic
The speakers of earpieces/hands-frees sound robotics and on the time of a phone call, it sounds metallic too, some users have complained.
- Go for another good quality earpieces for doing a phone call.
- Try to do another way. During a phone call press the volume up button to make the sound louder.
- This will help to make the other person more audible and will not remove the robotic tone of hands-free.
Problem 3: Bluetooth connectivity issue
If Bluetooth is not working on your Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro, you can try the following instructions.
- Turn off the device and turn it on again: This often solves the problem, the same applies to the two devices, the Bluetooth device, and your Smartphone or Tablet, for the latter, to enter the configuration and disable the Bluetooth or put it into mode Airplane is enough, remember to turn it on again.
- Remove the device from the list and add it again: Also a very useful tool, if the connection is made and you have communication problems, it cuts the audio, it cuts the connection, this can help to solve it, and it enters the configuration of your Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro, searches the connected devices and removes the one causing the problem. Sometimes connecting the Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro with several devices one after one could be the reason for this issue. After this, repeat the pairing process.
- Always make sure that the Bluetooth connection is discoverable on your device, as well as on the other with which you are connecting your device.
- Last option is factory reset if above don’t work for your device.
Problem 4: Too much bloatware
Huawei has managed to control their desires to completely fill up the smartphone with their own apps and software. However, there is still around 800 MB of bloatware on the smartphone. Here is what you can do to solve that.
- Thankfully, Huawei is aware that not many people are going to appreciate the apps they have installed on their smartphone, so they have kept the bloatware to a minimum. So, once recheck all the apps from your ‘installed apps’ section and uninstall the useless apps from the device which helps in saving the storage space and improving the performance as well. By long pressing on the app, you will get an option to uninstall the app and just follow the on-screen instructions to do so.
- Clear App Cache and Wipe Cache partition: Cache is the most important thing which shouldn’t be ignored as it causes the performance issue in the device. Every time you open or use a specific app, the cache gets stored in the background, and all you need to do is clear it in time. So, open each app from the installed apps in settings and tap on ‘Clear Cache’ option to remove the cache.
- If you are unable to install some system apps, you will either need to root your smartphone or simply endure them. There’s not much we can do on an unrooted smartphone.
Problem 5: SD Card Remains Undetected
One of the Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro problems noticed is that after inserting the SD Card to it, sometimes it’s not even detected, claimed by users. If you have already inserted an SD card into the slot and it is still not being detected, you can try out the following Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro Solutions.
- Firstly, Insert the SD card again after restarting the device.
- Try to insert your SD card into another smartphone or use a card reader to insert it into your PC and Make sure Your SD card is working properly.
- Try to format the SD card on the computer first and then insert it in Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro.
- If this doesn’t work, try using another microSD card.
- If the problem still arises, take your smartphone to the service center as there might be something wrong with the microSD card slot.
Problem 6: Unable to eject the SIM tray
Some users have reported that they were not able to eject the SIM tray out of their smartphone. There can be several reasons for that to happen.
If you are not able to eject the SIM tray, you can follow the steps below.
- Make sure you using the SIM tray tool provided with the Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro. It is in the same box the smartphone shipped in depending on the region, it may be in a cardboard envelope.
- If you don’t have the SIM tray eject tool, you can even use a paperclip to eject the tray from the smartphone housing.
- Do not try to pry the tray out; otherwise, you’ll damage it permanently. The only way to take it out is by putting the tool into the small slot located beside it.
- If the tray is still not coming out, you’ll need to take your smartphone to a certified Huawei technician.
Problem 7: Unresponsive Touchscreen
Many users have reported about the inaccuracy in the touchscreen.
Anyways, this issue can be handled easily. Read here and find the Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro solutions possible. To fix Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro problems linked with the touch screen, follow the instructions below:
- Try to restart your Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro and check if the problem is solved.
- Make sure you are not wearing mittens or gloves and in case you are wearing them, don’t forget to enable the glove mode.
- Go to Settings < Smart Assistance < Glove Mode.
- Make sure your hands are clean and not wet.
- Make sure the screen is totally clean and there are no oil or dust particles.
- There could be a software problem in some cases and the touch screen is unable to perform its tasks.
- Try to reset your factory option, if nothing works.
Problem 8: Overheating and battery drain issue
Overheating and battery drain problem is the most common issue found in Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro smartphones. We all already know that most of the users these days use smartphones either for playing high-performance video games or streaming online videos of high resolution. Such use of smartphones leads to overheating and battery drain issue in these devices.
Lets us discuss how to fix such problems in Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro Smartphones.
- Do not use the smartphone while it is put on charge.
- If you are streaming high-resolution videos on a channel like youtube, you can lower the resolution which could resolve the problem of overheating.
- Huawei Mate Series Smartphones comes with an installed app of Huawei which user can uninstall if it is not being used by them.
- You can go to settings> battery and battery setting usage to see which app is using how much battery and uninstall that particular app.
- You can put a limit to the number of games you have installed or play on Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro.
- After uninstalling unnecessary apps from Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro user can perform a Factory reset.
Problem 9: Slow performance
Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro smartphone comes with Hisilicon Kirin 970 Processor which gives an average performance to these devices. Some users still face slow performance issues in these devices.
Let’s us discuss how to resolve these issues in Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro Smartphones.
- You can restart your Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro.
- Do regular updates of your smartphone as new updates come with some bug fixes over the older version. You can go to Setting > about phone and software to update your smartphone.
- Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro comes with developer option. In the developer option, you can lower the animation setting which will resolve the performance issues. Also, go to setting > About Phone and tap build number to 7 times to enable developer option. After scrolling down you will get animation setting to reduce the animation.
- Also to increase the performance you can turn on the power saving mode and select the normal mode. This will help in increasing the performance.
- Uninstall the unnecessary apps from your device.
- After uninstalling unnecessary apps from Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro user can perform a
- Factory reset.
Problem 10: Wi-Fi issue
Lots of users have issues related to Wi-Fi in Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro. The device is not connected to Wi-Fi, access is denied to a particular network, poor and slow wifi connection.
Lets us discuss how to resolve Wi-Fi problems in Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro.
- You can restart the router and modem connected with your Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro. Also, restart your Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro device.
- You can remove the power source connected to your Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro device and wait few minutes and again connect the power source with the device.
- Regular updates are available for Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro device.you can go to settings > about phone and software to update your smartphone.
- Go to Settings>Wi-Fi> configure to get the mac address of your device connected to Wi-Fi network so as to ensure your whether your address is supported by the router or not.
- You can also check whether power saving mode is enabled in Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro which automatically turns off the Wi-Fi Network to save some percentage of battery power.
- At the end, you can do a factory reset if any above issues are not resolved.
Problem 11: Brightness problem in Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro
Some users are not happy with the adaptive brightness problem in Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro.
It is an issue with the software when it comes to brightness problem in Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro. The update of software 4.5.3 is supposed to fix it. Still, some users have found this problem to persist. A permanent solution will soon be available. In the meantime, you can download Lux Auto Brightness app from Google Play Store. It is one of the best tools which help in getting a control the brightness feature. Fortunately, there is a free version too available. Most Common Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro Problems and How to Fix it
Problem 12: Mobile Data Connectivity Issue
Certain apps and games not working on mobile data
It has been found that some apps when connected to Wi-Fi work very well but when connected to mobile data, they do not perform as well.
The issue is related to APN settings. Follow these simple steps.
- Go to Settings-more networks-mobile network-access point names.
- Tap on APN for your network.
- Change the APN Protocol to IPv4 or IPv4/IPv6.
These settings are present to IPv6. This is the reason for issues when certain apps or games try to connect with mobile data.
Check Related Post
So, there you have it. Above listed points was the most common Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro problems reported by the users. With those problems, I also provide Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro Solutions also. Hopefully, more won’t be surfacing anytime soon.
Now you know how to fix Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro issues, one normally would find in a Huawei phone.
I hope that your Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro will serve you very well. If you are facing any of the listed Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro problems, just follow the instructions mentioned here and get rid of it immediately.
If you have any kind of questions regarding the smartphone feel free to ask us in the comments below.