To the all of the disappointed buyers of Xiaomi Mi 5X, who think that the Mi A1 is not worth buying, there is great news. Now you’re provided with an option to select from one to another by flashing the right ROM. Yes, you heard it right, Mi 5X understands a fresh software update as a secure ROM. In this guide, we will help you to install Mi A1 Android One Ported ROM for Xiaomi Mi 5X
Credits going to a programmer named, “heliOus”’ Mi 5X would currently operate clean, quickly and much secure. But, loading this brand new version of Android requires unlocking the Smartphone’s boot loader, which implies the entire storage of this handset, will probably be washed away. So users will need to acquire their data backed up prior to the updating procedure. Resembling the exact attributes as the Mi A1, MI 5X gets aligned to the same.
The newly established Mi 5X in July, featured mid-ranged specifications along with a reasonable price tag. With 5.5 inches of display, HD resolution of 1920X1080 pixels, octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chip, 4GB RAM and 64GB memory, the phone comes with a 12 MP back and 5 MP front cameras. Developed by 3080 mAH non removable battery, it weighs approximately 165 grams. Connectivity specifications include Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G, GPS, Bluetooth, and infrared. It had been unveiled with Android 7.0 Nougat. Follow the below guide to Install Mi A1 Android One Ported ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5X.
- This ROM is only compatible with the Mi 5X (codename: tiffany). Don’t attempt this on another device.
- Don’t attempt anything given on this page if you’re not entirely aware of what it is you are doing. In the event any damage happens, we will not be held responsible.
- TWRP recovery is needed to be installed on your device with this. In the event that you don’t have it, download the
- You need to Unlock Bootloader on Mi 5X.
- TWRP recovery for Xiaomi Mi 5X, and then install it first.
Guide to install Mi A1 Android One Ported ROM for Mi 5X:
- First of all, download and transfer the ROM zip file and Gapps file to internal storage.
- Then simply boot your smartphone into TWRP mode.
- Select Wipe out of TWRP main menu and then perform a Swipe to Factory Reset on the bottom of the display.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, then tap on Install and Choose the ROM. Zip file which you moved to a Xiaomi Mi 5X in Step 1.
- After selecting the . Zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the display to begin the custom ROM installation procedure. This might take some time.
- When your ROM is successfully flashed, you are going to find Wipe cache/dalvik option, choose it and then conduct Swipe to wipe on bottom of display.
- Now, install the Gapps file exactly the identical way you installed the ROM file.
- After flashing both ROM and Gapps, reboot your smartphone.
And you are done with successful installation of Mi A1 ported ROM for Mi 5X. Now enjoy the features of Nougat 7.1 on your Mi A1. In case if you have some doubts, query or suggestions, please write us in the comments section. If you liked the article, please share it with your friends.