AI has been at the forefront lately, especially generative AI which is capable of generating text and images. The popularity of the relatively new AI application Midjourney AI has increased dramatically during the past few months. Thanks to AI, people all over the world can create their own original works of art. However, many people face challenges when trying to use such tools. But don’t fret. We will go through how you can use AI tools to generate AI art in an easy way.
: What Is It?
Midjourney is an independent artificial intelligence art generator that can create beautiful pieces of art based on text inputs. Midjourney uses AI and Machine Learning to generate the art of your desire. What makes Midjourney stands out among other AI art generating tools is that it is an open tool that is accessible to everybody.
How do you access the tool? Well, it’s simple, easy, and free. All you need to do is join the discord server, and you will be eligible for trying out Midjourney at no cost. However, the trail only gives you 25 free prompts. We have discussed the detailed steps on how to use Midjourney AI in the section below.
Generate AI Art Using Midjourney AI
As discussed earlier, you need to join the Midjourney discord server to be able to generate AI art using the tool. So, if you don’t have a discord account, you need to create a new one. Follow these steps to generate AI art:
- Go to the Midjourney AI website and click on “Join the beta.” This will take you to the discord invite page.
- Click on Accept Invite. You have now successfully become a tester on Midjourney AI.
- Make sure to read all the rules before you move ahead. Go to the “rules” section and read them all.
- Now that you are ready, go to one of the “newbies-xx” channel and type a slash (/) in the message box.
- A list of options will appear. You need to select “/imagine.”
- Once you select that option, you will be able to enter the prompt. Type something and see the magic happen.
- Wait for some time as it might take some time to generate the images. You will get four images. You can pick the one you want to keep.
- Once you have picked an image, click on the image code to upscale it. The codes are as follows: U1, U2, U3 or U4 (row-wise).
- You can also see more variations of a specific image using the V1, V2, V3 and V4 buttons. Creating variations will also be counted as one seperate prompt.
- If you’d like to make some more changes, you can also use the options available.
Save your AI-Generated Art
Once you are happy with your AI-generated artwork, you should save it. There are two ways to store the picture:
- Preview the image by clicking on it; when you’re ready, click “Open original” to download the full-size version to your computer.
- To download the image to your computer, right-click on it and select “Save image as…”
- Then, save the image as you would save any other file.
Another option is to use Discord to send the image to your own computer.
- Check your Discord inbox for the bot message containing your final art.
- As you would normally send an emoji response, click the emoji button and then select the envelope emoji.
- You can now find the generated image to your Discord inbox and download and save it from there.
That’s how you generate AI art using Midjourney AI. AI tools like Midjourney have made making artwork with AI easier and more fun. Anyone can start their trip into AI art production using Midjourney AI. We hope that the instructions were clear and to the point. If you still have any doubts, let us know in the comments section below.