Developed by Mojan under the publishment of Xbox Game Studios, Minecraft Dungeons is a dungeon crawler game that’s about to release. This is an upcoming game for Windows, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch. The release of the game is set for the 26th of May, 2020. A very limited closed beta version of the game was out and rolling between the 25th of March through the 20th of April.
Unlike the previous famous Minecraft title, Minecraft Dungeons do not contain any crafting or building methods. Instead, the game is all about crawling through dungeons, where the players explore randomly-generated dungeons. The players will come against monsters, traps, puzzles, and finding treasure. Players are open to using any weapon or armor of their choice. Below, we’ll look deeper into commonly asked questions that will further help you understand the game.
Table of Contents
- 1 FAQ About Release Info
- 1.1 1. What is the cost of Minecraft Dungeons?
- 1.2 2. Will Minecraft Dungeons be included in the Xbox game pass?
- 1.3 3. What’s the difference between the Windows 7 and above version and Windows 10 version of the game?
- 1.4 4. Why did they postpone the release of Minecraft Dungeons?
- 1.5 5. Can we pre-order Minecraft Dungeons on all platforms?
- 2 FAQ About General Info
- 3 FAQ About Gameplay Info
- 3.1 1. How does the combat work in Minecraft Dungeons?
- 3.2 2. Can we customize the characters?
- 3.3 3. Are there anew Mobs in Minecraft Dungeons?
- 3.4 4. Do missions change from one game to the next?
- 3.5 5. Is there anything to do after beating the game?
- 3.6 6. Is there MOD support?
- 3.7 7. Will there be online matchmaking?
- 4 FAQ About Beta Info
- 4.1 1. Is there a Beta version for Minecraft Dungeons?
- 4.2 2. Will I keep my progress after the Beta?
- 4.3 3. How do I play with my friends?
- 4.4 4. What can I do if the game doesn’t start?
- 4.5 5. Why does Minecraft Dungeons have its own launcher?
- 4.6 6. Where can I report bugs and feedback?
- 4.7 7. Where can I get help?
FAQ About Release Info
1. What is the cost of Minecraft Dungeons?
Minecraft Dungeons come in two variants of purchase – the Standard Edition and Hero Edition. The standard edition will cost you $19.99 USD while the hero edition is priced at $29.99 USD. The Hero edition Hero Cape, two-player skins, two DLC packs, and a chicken pet, usable only within Minecraft Dungeons.
Furthermore, Minecraft Dungeons will come to Xbox Game Pass at launch for PC and Xbox One.
2. Will Minecraft Dungeons be included in the Xbox game pass?
The Standard Edition will be available in your Xbox Game Pass membership. Also, members with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will get access to both console and Windows PC. Xbox Game Pass members can also exclusively save up to 10% on the Minecraft Dungeons DLC!
3. What’s the difference between the Windows 7 and above version and Windows 10 version of the game?
If you use Windows 7 or above, then Minecraft Dungeons should be downloaded and accessed through a launcher program. If you’re on Windows 10, then the game can be directly purchased from the Microsoft Store and can be accessed without a launcher.
NOTE: Purchasing the game on minecraftdungeons.net does not mean that you own the game on Windows 10 Store as well, and vice versa.
4. Why did they postpone the release of Minecraft Dungeons?
Due to the global pandemic of COVID-19 that affected the entire world, the release of the game was forced to postpone to a later date, which is on May 26, 2020.
5. Can we pre-order Minecraft Dungeons on all platforms?
According to the developers’ words, Minecraft Dungeons won’t be available for pre-order on all platforms as of now. Of course, it will be out on every platform on its launch but sadly, not the pre-order. In the meantime, try visiting Minecraft Dungeons channels for any updates regarding the same.
FAQ About General Info
1. Does the game have an online and local multiplayer?
Minecraft Dungeons has an online and local multiplayer that supports up to four players co-operatively. The number of players in each session will influence the multiplayer difficulty, the enemy count, and loot.
2. Do Minecraft Dungeons support cross-platform multiplayer
At launch, you only be able to play with friends on the same platform. The developers have stated that they will further configure this to implement the cross-play feature, which we assume will be live after a few months from launch.
3. Is the game enhanced for Xbox One X or PlayStation 4 Pro?
Minecraft Dungeons is enhanced for both of these platforms. That means the game will run with improved performance and 4K resolution on Xbox One X and PlayStation 4 Pro consoles.
4. How to be a part of the Minecraft Dungeons community?
FAQ About Gameplay Info
1. How does the combat work in Minecraft Dungeons?
Players find themselves in real-time combat. For their further progression, the game heavily depends on weapons, gear, and enchantments. With the unique enchantment being an asset in battle, a wide variety of weapons can be customized with it.
2. Can we customize the characters?
Players are only able to select their appearance from a diverse range of skins during the starting of the game. They will also look different from the weapons and armor but no further customization can be done in-game.
3. Are there anew Mobs in Minecraft Dungeons?
There is a whole new variety of mobs that are part of the game. One such is the cute little critter, the Key Golem, that helps open locked doors while making funny noises. Players visiting the Fiery Forge will encounter the epic boss-like Redstone Monstrosity. Confirming from the words of the developers, there are many more unrevealed mobs to discover, in addition to Creepers and Endermen that you may already know.
4. Do missions change from one game to the next?
According to the developers, parts of the mission will stay the same while the paths, mobs, and treasure you find will be different every time you play it.
5. Is there anything to do after beating the game?
After beating the game, players can come back and take on the mission again if they wish to. Players can also team up and return to levels at higher difficulties to take their gaming to another level of fun and thrill!
6. Is there MOD support?
The developers confirmed that there are currently no plans for mod support.
7. Will there be online matchmaking?
No, there will be no online matchmaking. You can only play together with your friends – either locally or through an online session.
FAQ About Beta Info
1. Is there a Beta version for Minecraft Dungeons?
A very limited closed beta was out for some PC players. Participants in this beta version were chosen at random from those who previously signed up on minecraft.net. The developers said that additional participants were not added to the closed beta. They have also stated that pre-ordering the game does not guarantee or increase the chances of accessing the closed beta.
The beta was running through March 25, 2020, to April 20, 2020.
2. Will I keep my progress after the Beta?
The progress you made in the Beta version won’t carry over into the full version of the game. Sadly, any items, missions, or other progress you’ve made during the closed beta period will be lost at the launch of the full version of the game.
3. How do I play with my friends?
Before you can play together with your friends, make sure you’re logged into your Microsoft account and that you know your friend’s Gamertag. You will find the Gamertags at the top right of the Xbox account page next to the profile icon.
To log in to, or create an Xbox account, just visit account.xbox.com. Once you’re logged in, you can add your friend’s Gamertag to play with through the website. Be aware of the fact that both the players need to add each other in order to play together.
4. What can I do if the game doesn’t start?
- Go to this page Minimum Requirements. Make sure your system meets the minimum specs
- Make sure your Windows is running on the latest update
- Check and update the graphics drivers for NVIDIA or AMD graphics cards
- Though these are installed along with the game, just double check to make sure following software dependencies for the game are installed:
5. Why does Minecraft Dungeons have its own launcher?
Unfortunately, you can’t start Minecraft Dungeons directly from the Minecraft Launcher because Minecraft: Java Edition and Minecraft Dungeons use different account systems.
Minecraft Dungeons is using Microsoft Accounts and Minecraft Java Edition is using Mojang accounts. The developers say that they turned many options to give the players the right experience and decided that a good temporary option is to have one dedicated launcher per game.
6. Where can I report bugs and feedback?
7. Where can I get help?
Summing up our guide, the FAQs listed above are sourced out from the developers’ official statements itself. The release of the game was scheduled on an earlier date but was postponed due to the pandemic. The updated date of the release is on the 26th of May, 2020. If you have any further queries, please let us know in the comments down below. Good luck!