Xiaomi has started rolling first OTA update of MIUI 10.2.5.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi Play [V10.2.5.0.OFIMIXM] devices. The update is based on Android 8.0 Oreo contains April 2019 Security Patch and plenty of bug fixes and system improvements. You can download and install the MIUI 10.2.5.0 update on your Mi Play (Codenamed as lotus) global variant right now. You can say that it’s a quite big update in terms of the features of a 1.8GB in size.
The update is currently rolling out via OTA updates. As Xiaomi always provides OTA updates via batches, so it may take some time to receive on your device. Otherwise, if you don’t receive any update or not available right now, you can install the MIUI 10.2.5.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi Play. Just download and install the ROM via Recovery or Fastboot method on your device. Here is the full changelog of this update.
MIUI v10.2.5.0.OFIMIXM Changelog:
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to May 2019.
- Increased system security.
Check for the OTA update on Mi Play (lotus)
Till then you can wait for the automatic OTA update notification or can manually search for the updates via Settings > About Phone > Software update. If the update is available, just tap on the Download button and wait for the device to complete the installation process. Then restart your device and it will boot into the new system update normally.
Now, let’s talk about the pre-requirements, download links, and steps to flash MIUI ROM on your device.
- This ROM will work only for Xiaomi Mi Play devices. Don’t try it on any other device.
- Your handset should have at least a 60% of battery charge to maintain the smoothness or occasional shutdown during the installation process.
- Make sure to take a full backup of your device before doing anything. Here is the full guide on how to back up.
- Make sure that your device is connected to the internet.
- You need to download all the below given drivers, tools and flash files.
Now, head over to the download section.
Download MIUI 10.2.5.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi Play
- Download and Install the latest Xiaomi USB Driver on your Windows PC or MAC.
- Download and Install the Xiaomi Mi Flash tool on your PC as well. (for Fastboot Method)
- Firmware File:
Once you have downloaded the update zip file for your Mi Play, follow the below steps now.
Here is the full detailed guide on how to Install MIUI 10.2.5.0 on Mi Play via both recovery or fastboot method. You can check out our video tutorial as well:
I hope this guide was useful to install MIUI 10.2.5.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi Play manually.