The Chinese smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi has started rolling a new OTA update of MIUI 10.3.1.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi 9 SE based on Android 9.0 Pie [V10.3.1.0.PFBMIXM]. The new update comes with the latest May 2019 Security Patch. It also offers so many system improvements and bug fixes as well. Now, you can download and install the MIUI 10.3.1.0 firmware update on your Mi 9 SE (Codenamed as grus) based on the global stable version. The firmware update is quite big in size around 1.72GB as it includes a bunch of improvements and fixes.
The OTA update is currently rolling out via batches and will take some time to roll out all the Mi 9 SE variants. You need to wait for a few days more to get an official OTA update notification. if in case, you don’t receive the update or want to get the update right now, you can do it by manually. Here in this article, we will share with you the steps to download and installation process on your device.
Now, check out the full update changelog at first.
Table of Contents
MIUI 10.3.1.0.PFBMIXM Changelog:
- New: An option for smoothening notch curves on full screen devices
- Updated Android Security Patch to May 2019. Increased system security.
- Fix: Ending calls took longer time than expected
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: You can choose not to show the fingerprint icon on the turned off screen. Fingerprint unlock will still work normally.
- Optimization: Fingerprint scanner couldn’t be used when TalkBack was on
- Fix: Errors occurred after unlocking device in landscape mode
- Fix: Issues with overlapping in Dual Clock settings
- Fix: Fingerprint shortcuts didn’t work in landscape orientation
- Fix: Sync page couldn’t be refreshed whenever sync was turned on or off in the Notification shade
- Fix: Fingerprint unlock didn’t always work with the screen off
- Fix: Displaying items on the turned off screen couldn’t be turned off on time in some cases
- Fix: Screen didn’t always light up for notifications
- New: New modes for AI camera
- Mi Cloud
- Optimization: We redesigned Mi Cloud’s start page. It looks much better now!
Check OTA Manually
You can manually check for the update from the device Settings > About Phone > System update > Check for update.
If the update is available for your device, then simply tap on download and install button and it will install the update. Otherwise, you can also manually flash the MIUI ROM on your Xiaomi device via Recovery or Fastboot method as well.
If in case, you don’t know all of these technicalities, then wait for the official OTA update notification. That would be great as well.
But if you want to manually install the update check out the download link and requirements at first.
- This ROM file will work only on Xiaomi Mi 9 SE device. Don’t try it on any other device.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least for the smoother installation.
- Take a complete backup of your device data before doing anything.
- A USB Cable and PC/Laptop is required.
- Finally, download and install the Xiaomi Driver for Windows or Mac.
Download MIUI 10.3.1.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi 9 SE
- Download and Install the latest Xiaomi USB Driver on your Windows PC or MAC.
- Next, Download and install the Xiaomi Mi Flash tool on your PC as well. (for Fastboot Method)
- MIUI 10.3.1.0.PFBMIXM Recovery ROM | OTA ROM
Check out the full detailed guide on how to Install MIUI 10.3.1.0 on Mi 9 SE via Recovery or Fastboot method.Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:
I hope this guide was useful to upgrade MIUI on Xiaomi Mi 9 SE.