Xiaomi is rolling out a new software update with the version V10.3.1.0.OEFMIXM based on MIUI 10 for Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Y2). It is a stable version update which will knock into devices globally. This software is exclusively making its way to the Xiaomi Redmi S2 (ysl). The new software is seeding as an airborne update. You can wait for the OTA to drop into your phone. Otherwise, we have also put up the recovery and Fastboot ROM which you can flash manually. Read on more to know how to install the latest MIUI 10.3.1.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi S2.
The V10.3.1.0.OEFMIXM upgrades the security patch level to April 2019, increased system security, new floating windows for incoming calls during games, and added many new features and improved the overall performance.
Before we discuss how to install software update on Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Y2), let us know about the specs of the device. Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Y2) features a 5.99 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels. The device is powered by Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 (14 nm) processor under Adreno 506 GPU. The handset packs 32/64GB variant with 3/4GB of RAM. Xiaomi Redmi S2 (Y2) sports a Dual rear camera with 12MP + 5MP camera and Single Selfie camera with a 16MP depth camera. The smartphone is running on Android 8.1 Oreo under MIUI 10 software package and backed by 3080 mAh battery. It has a fingerprint reader on the back.
Table of Contents
Changelog: MIUI V10.3.1.0.OEFMIXM
Here is the official changelog for the latest stable MIUI ROM from Xiaomi.
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to April 2019. Increased system security.
- Fix: Ending calls took longer time than expected
- Fix: Status bar shortcut and floating notification for calls appeared at the same time
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: You can restrict opening Notification shade on the Lock screen now
- Fix: Low battery warning didn’t appear in landscape mode
- Fix: Call time bubble overlapped with notification icons
- Home screen
- Fix: Notification badges were displayed incorrectly on the WhatsApp icon
- Optimization: App names were truncated when texts size was set to large
- Game speed booster
- New: Floating windows for incoming calls during games
- Mi Cloud
- Optimization: We redesigned Mi Cloud’s start page. It looks much better now
This new stable update should technically knock into your device on its own through the routineOTA updates. you can keep an eye on that. Otherwise, if you think everyone else is getting the new update while you’re still playing the waiting game, then you have to manually look for the OTA.
How to Capture MIUI V10.3.1.0.OEFMIXM OTA
Simply follow these steps.
- Go to your device Settings -> About Phone
- Inside About phones go to System updates > Check for updates.
- If you see the prompt of new software, tap on Download to begin the installation.
After updating your device will restart to integrate the updates. It should take a few minutes altogether. Also, to install the OTA update swiftly, you can make use of the Wi-Fi network to download the update. Make sure you have over 50% battery charge on your device before installing the new update.
If the above method doesn’t work, then don’t worry. we got you covered. We have put up the Fastboot, Recovery ROM zip file and the incremental OTA zip file which comes with the latest MIUI V10.3.1.0.OEFMIXM software.
Download MIUI 10.3.1.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi S2
How To Install MIUI 10 V10.3.1.0.OEFMIXM ROM
Before flashing any firmware you have to keep a few things in mind.
- Firmware files provided in this guide are specific to Xiaomi Redmi S2. Do not use them on any other devices.
- Take a complete backup before doing this procedure. If your device is rooted, then you can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- Ensure that you have Latest Xiaomi USB drivers installed on your PC/Laptop
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 50% before upgrading.
You have to use the Mi Flash Tool to flash the Fastboot ROM file. If you want to flash the Recovery ROM then you have to use the Updater App. Both the methods have been well explained in the tutorial below. Follow it and you will be good to go.
So, that’s it and you’ve now successfully upgraded MIUI 10.3.1.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi S2.OEFMIXM software. We hope this guide was useful to you. If you’ve got any queries, do let us know in the comments section.