Xiaomi has started rolling a new OTA update of MIUI 10.3.2.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi 8 [V10.3.2.0.PEAMIXM] devices. The update is based on Android 9 Pie contains April 2019 Security Patch and plenty of bug fixes and system improvements. You can download and install the MIUI 10.3.2.0 update on your Mi 8 (Codenamed as Dipper) global variant right now. The update Lock screen, status bar, Notification shade, phone, Clock, Camera, Recent, Settings, Mi Cloud bug fixes as well. You can say that it’s a quite big update in terms of the features of a 1.8GB in size.
The update is currently rolling out via OTA updates. As Xiaomi always provides OTA updates via batches, so it may take some time to receive on your device. Otherwise, if you don’t receive any update or not available right now, you can install the MIUI 10.3.2.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi 8. Just download and install the ROM via Recovery or Fastboot method on your device. Here is the full changelog of this update.
MIUI v10.3.2.0.PEAMIXM Changelog:
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to March 2019. Increased system security.
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to April 2019. Increased system security.
- Fix: Ending calls took longer time than expected
- Fix: Status bar shortcut and floating notification for calls appeared at the same time
- Lock screen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: NFC shortcut in the Notification shade
- New: You can restrict opening Notification shade on the Lock screen now
- You can choose not to show the fingerprint icon on the turned off the screen. Fingerprint unlock will still work normally. (New Feature)
- New: Use your fingerprint to open Home screen once you unlocked the device using face data and stayed on the Lock screen
- Optimization: The height of the status bar is equal to the height of the notch now
- Fix: Fingerprint unlock issues
- Fix: Media playback volume couldn’t be restored after it was lowered by an incoming notification
- The clock flashed when fingerprint unlock was used (fixed)
- Fix: LED light didn’t blink when the battery was low
- Fix: Low battery warning didn’t appear in landscape mode
- Call-time bubble overlapped with notification icons (fixed)
- Fix: Fingerprint scanner couldn’t be used when TalkBack was on
- Fix: Password form flashed black whenever a notification was tapped on the Lock screen
- Fingerprint unlock option on the Lock screen
- Home screen
- Fix: Notification badges were displayed incorrectly on the WhatsApp icon
- Fix: Timer button started flashing after being tapped
- Fix: Clock force closed on some specific dates
- New: New modes for AI camera
- Fix: Camera force closed when the app was closed and opened again in the Video mode
- Fix: When the user canceled making a photo using a shortcut in Messaging and then tapped the Camera shortcut again, Camera crashed
- Fix: Sync page couldn’t be refreshed whenever sync was turned on or off in the Notification shade
- Optimization: App names were truncated when texts size was set to large
- Game speed booster
- New: Floating windows for incoming calls during games
- Mi Cloud
- Optimization: We redesigned Mi Cloud’s start page. It looks much better now!
- Fix: Displaying items on the turned off screen couldn’t be turned off on time in some cases
Check for the OTA update on Mi 8
Till then you can wait for the automatic OTA update notification or can manually search for the updates via Settings > About Phone > Software update. If the update is available, just tap on the Download button and wait for the device to complete the installation process. Then restart your device and it will boot into the new system update normally.
Now, let’s talk about the pre-requirements, download links, and steps to flash MIUI ROM on your device.
- This ROM will work only for Xiaomi Mi 8 devices. Don’t try it on any other device.
- Your handset should have at least a 60% of battery charge to maintain the smoothness or occasional shutdown during the installation process.
- Make sure to take a full backup of your device before doing anything. Here is the full guide on how to back up.
- Make sure that your device is connected to the internet.
Now, head over to the download section.
Download MIUI 10.3.2.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi 8
Once you have downloaded the update zip file for your Mi 8, follow the below steps now.
Here is the full detailed guide on how to Install MIUI 10.3.2.0 on Mi 8 via both recovery or fastboot method. You can check out our video tutorial as well:Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Handset (Recovery/Fastboot) Video on How to Flash Xiaomi Firmware via Fastboot Method