Today Xiaomi has started rolling out a new firmware update to its Mi Play (codenamed: lotus) device models globally. The update carries MIUI version V10.3.3.0.OFIMIXM and brings August 2019 Security patch and other regular bug fixes. The firmware update is rolling out via batches and may take some time. Here in this article, we will share with you the steps, link, and requirements to download and install MIUI 10.3.3.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi Play (V10.3.3.0.OFIMIXM).
Meanwhile, you can manually install the update on your device as well. This update is based on Android 8.1 Oreo and for the Xiaomi Mi Play Global variant. So, if you’re using the Global variant device then check out the full guide to update your Mi Play in easy steps.
Xiaomi MIUI is one of the developer-friendly and easily customizable custom skins after OxygenOS. It’s a redesigned Custom User Interface based on Android, provides a smoother and stable user experience. However, before entering into the smartphone business, Xioami was known for its MIUI OS. It also offers so many features and customizations than other Stock ROMs. Currently, Xiaomi has started rolling the MIUI 10.3.3.0 Global Stable ROM update globally for the Xiaomi Mi Play (lotus).
Changelog: MIUI V10.3.3.0.OFIMIXM for Mi Play
The latest MIUI 10 Global Stable update for the Xiaomi Mi Play model brings the updated August 2019 Android Security Patch which will add the device system to an improved privacy level. It also enhances system stability and security as well.
- Updated Android Security Patch to August 2019. Increased system security.
- Fix: Ending calls took longer time than expected
- App lock
- New: Locking Google contacts is available now
- Fix: Contacts couldn’t be deleted from SIM cards in some cases
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: Introducing customizable Lock screen clock (Settings > Lock screen & password > Advanced settings). New Lock screen clock doesn’t work with third party themes.
- Optimization: Readjusted sensitive areas for the dots in the unlock pattern
- Fix: Battery-related floating notifications weren’t displayed correctly in landscape mode
- Fix: Sync page couldn’t be refreshed whenever sync was turned on or off in the Notification shade
- Fix: Media volume couldn’t be restored after receiving a notification
- Optimization: Sorting principles for Wi-Fi networks
- Game speed booster
- New: Floating windows for incoming calls during games
- Optimization: You can open the gaming toolbox by swiping from the top side of the screen
- Fix: Hands-free call duration wasn’t displayed correctly in Game Turbo
- Mi Cloud
- Optimization: We redesigned Mi Cloud’s start page. It looks much better now!
- Optimization: Improved sync across multiple devices
Check OTA Update on Mi Play (lotus)
You can check the update manually for your Mi Play to the latest version of MIUI, MIUI 10.3.3.0 by following these steps mentioned below:
- Go to the device Settings on your Mi Play.
- Tap on About Phone section > then tap on Software Update.
- If the update is available for your device then it will show instantly. Now, tap on Download option.
- Now, wait for the complete download and tap on the Install button to install the update completely.
- Once the installation completes, Reboot your device.
- It will take a few minutes and your device will boot into a new system.
- ROM file supported only on the Mi Play device. Don’t try it on any other device.
- Charge the phone battery up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a full backup without any root of your device data before doing anything.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB cable are required.
Download Required Files
Instructions to Install:
Check out the full ste-by-step guide on how to Install MIUI 10.3.3.0 on Mi Play via Recovery or Fastboot method.
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:
We assume that you’ve successfully installed the latest firmware update on your Xiaomi device. In case, you’re facing any issue, you can write us in the comments below.