Here we will be guiding you on how to download and install MIUI 10 on Lenovo P2. The ROM is based on the latest Android 7.0 Nougat.
Today we have something new for Lenovo P2 users. If you love custom ROM, then you probably may have heard about the MIUI ROM. MIUI ROM is one of the aftermarket firmware which is created by Lenovo and also supported for many Non-Lenovo devices. Earlier we had also shared MIUI 7, 8 and 9 for Lenovo P2.
Lenovo recently rolled the MIUI 10 for their supported Lenovo device. If you are a Lenovo P2 users, then you can now install the unofficial ported MIUI 10 on Lenovo P2 with our simple guide. Follow our guide on how to download and install MIUI 10 on Lenovo P2. The ROM is ported by XDA Junior member, y4977143 on XDA forum. Full Credits to him and his dedicated work to bring the beta MIUI 10 ROM for Lenovo P2. Check the details what works and what not works on this ROM, before installing this custom ROM on Lenovo P2.
This ROM is ported the MIUI 10 version v8.6.19 to the Lenovo P2, but the developer also claims that this is still in beta stage. With this MIUI 10, you can enjoy the flavor and features such full-screen gestures, a dynamic wake-up ringtone that changes style based on the weather condition and time and also includes several other AI-related features which may favor Chinese users.
According to the developer, beta stands for buggy ROM, not stable. So please keep that in mind before flashing the ROM on your phone.
To install this ROM on your phone, you need to unlock the bootloader and should have the latest TWRP Recovery on Lenovo P2 smartphone. If you already have the TWRP, then you can simply skip the TWRP Recovery and Bootloader unlock setup and straightly dive into ROM installation process.
What's Working and What's Not
Work: RIL (telephone, SMS, 4G , VOLTE) fingerprint WIFI Bluetooth camera Recording Video playback Audio frequency sensor flashlight led GPRS FM DT2W Fingerprint gesture Known BUG: NFC Languages: English and Chinese
Download MIUI 10 ROM:
Steps to Install MIUI 10 on Lenovo P2:
Before following the guide, make sure you have downloaded the ROM zip file and moved it to the root directory of internal storage.
- Supported device: Lenovo P2 (Codenamed: P2a42)
- Battery Power: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Backup before flashing: Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method given below)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Drivers: Download Lenovo USB Drivers on your PC
Instructions to install ROM:
- Skip the Second and Third step if you already have TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo P2 (P2a42)
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Lenovo P2. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the MIUI 10 ROM for Lenovo P2 and move it to the root of the internal memory.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
If you don't want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
That's it! I hope you have installed the MIUI 10 on Lenovo P2. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.