OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger) launched in June 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1.1 Nougat and later upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo. Here we will be guiding you on how to download and install MIUI 10 on OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger). The ROM is based on the latest Android Oreo.
Today we have something new for OnePlus 5 users. If you love custom ROM, then you probably may have heard about the MIUI ROM. MIUI ROM is one of the aftermarket firmware which is created by Xiaomi and also supported for many Non-Xiaomi devices. Earlier we had also shared MIUI 8 and 9 for OnePlus 5.
Talking about the specifications, OnePlus 5 features a 5.5-inches Optic AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor coupled with 6/8GB of RAM. The phone packs 64/128GB internal memory. The camera on the OnePlus 5 comes with Dual 16MP + 20MP Primary camera and 16MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 3300 mAh battery. It also has a Fingerprint sensor on the front mounted to the home button.
Xiaomi recently rolled the MIUI 10 for their supported Xiaomi device. If you are a OnePlus 5 users, then you can now install the unofficial ported MIUI 10 on OnePlus 5 with our simple guide. Follow our guide on how to download and install MIUI 10 on OnePlus 5. Full Credits to the developer and his dedicated work to bring the MIUI 10 ROM for OnePlus 5.
How To Install MIUI 10 On OnePlus 5 (Android Oreo)
This ROM is ported the MIUI 10 version v8.6.20 to the OnePlus 5, but the developer also claims that this is still in beta stage. With this MIUI 10, you can enjoy the flavor and features such full-screen gestures, a dynamic wake-up ringtone that changes style based on the weather condition and time and also includes several other AI-related features which may favor Chinese users.
To install this ROM on your phone, you need to unlock the bootloader and should have the latest TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5 smartphone. If you already have the TWRP, then you can simply skip the TWRP Recovery and Bootloader unlock setup and straightly dive into ROM installation process.
- OnePlus 5 Stock Firmware Collections [Back to Stock ROM]
- How to Install Official Lineage OS 15.1 on OnePlus 5 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of All Best Custom ROM For OnePlus 5
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For OnePlus 5
- How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 5
Download MIUI 10 ROM:
Steps to Install MIUI 10 on OnePlus 5:
Before following the guide, make sure you have downloaded the ROM zip file and moved it to the root directory of internal storage.
- Supported device: OnePlus 5 (Codenamed: cheeseburger)
- Battery Power: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Backup before flashing: Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method given below)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Drivers: Download OnePlus USB Drivers on your PC
Instructions to install ROM:
- Skip the Second and Third step if you already have TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger)
- Now install TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 5. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the MIUI 10 ROM for OnePlus 5 and move it to the root of the internal memory.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
If you don't want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
That's it! I hope you have installed the MIUI 10 on OnePlus 5. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.