Here we have given the complete guide to download and install the MIUI 10 8.7.26 Global Beta ROM for Xiaomi Redmi S2 (ysl). This is a china beta version, you can also install this on Xiaomi Redmi S2 global variant along with MIUI 10 Gapps.
Talking about the specifications, Xiaomi Redmi Y2 features a 5.99-inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 3/4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64GB internal memory. The camera on the Redmi Y2 comes with Dual 12+5MP and 16 MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 3080 mAh battery with Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 2.0). It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
At the launch of Xiaomi Mi 8, the company also showcased the next version MIUI called MIUI 10 on the stage which brings a new user interface and features to the table. Today Xiaomi started rolling the beta version of MIUI 10 for Xiaomi Redmi S2. The update is made available for those who enrolled in the closed beta program in their home country of China. Now the update is available to download for those who want to try.
MIUI 10 brings all new amazing features based on Artifical intelligence. This includes AI portrait mode with Bokeh effect, faster reload of App based on AI that detects a frequently used Application by a user. There are some new features such as drive mode, all new recent Apps menu, support for inbuilt Mi Ecosystem that easily connects your device to other Mi devices.
If you are the owner of Xiaomi Redmi S2, then you can try MIUI 10 8.7.26 Global Beta ROM for Xiaomi Redmi S2 (ysl) by following this guide. The update is rolling currently via OTA for users who have enrolled for the beta. The update is still based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
To install this update, you can try to flash either fastboot image or recovery file on Xiaomi Redmi S2. The guide is simple and easy to follow. Make sure to take a complete backup before flashing the MIUI 10 8.7.26 Global Beta ROM for Xiaomi Redmi S2 (ysl).
Table of Contents
MIUI 10 China Developer ROM 8.7.26 Full Changelog:
Better and more convenient full-screen gestures
New UI optimized for full-screen experience
(Other devices will look visually refreshed too!)
The new system sounds inspired by the sounds of Nature
System sounds are filtered and simplified
Take a minute to relax while listening to ambient noises. You can choose between forest, beach, summer night, stove fire, and drizzle.
Smart alarms with weather info
Mi AI machine learning program
Suggestions for connecting to nearby devices
Flagship IoT platform for smart devices
Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
Optimization – Face unlocking speed (07-13)
Optimization – Face unlocking speed (07-12)
Fix – The problem of flashing screen in the process of fingerprint unlocking (07-12)
New – AI Portrait mode for single camera devices (07-06)
New – AI Portrait mode for the front camera (07-06)
Optimization – The magnetic force meter calibration algorithm and compass algorithm can improve the accuracy of map application (07-19)
New – Fix recognition for message senders (07-17)
Download MIUI 10 8.7.26 Beta ROM:
Steps to install MIUI 10 8.7.26 Global Beta ROM for Xiaomi Redmi S2 (ysl)
To flash the MIUI 10 8.7.26 Global Beta ROM on Xiaomi Redmi S2 (ysl), you can either flash the ROM via TWRP recovery just like how we flash the Custom ROM. Before flashing the MIUI 10 8.7.26 Global Beta ROM on Xiaomi Redmi S2, make sure you have the required files on your phone.
- Download the MIUI 10 8.7.26 Global Beta ROM for Xiaomi Redmi S2 and move the file to the internal memory on your phone.
- Charge your phone to at least 30% battery backup
- You should unlock the bootloader on Redmi S2 (Skip this, if you have unlocked bootloader)
- Install the TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi S2. (Skip this, if you already have a TWRP Recovery)
- Make sure to take the complete backup using TWRP Recovery.
Flash via TWRP Recovery:
- If you already moved the recovery ROM file to your phone’s internal memory
- Now boot into recovery mode and select WIPE –> Advanced Wipe and “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- You can now go back and tap on INSTALL and browse for the recovery ROM file that you moved.
- Tap on the zip file and Swipe to Confirm the flash.
- Now you will see the screen which shows the installation progress.
- Wait until the installation process completes.
- You can now reboot your phone to enjoy the latest MIUI 10.
I hope this guide was useful to install the MIUI 10 8.7.26 Global Beta ROM for Xiaomi Redmi S2 (ysl). Enjoy!