Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro (codenamed raphael) received the MIUI 11 update recently, now the company started upgrading the device to December 2019 security patch. The update is now live with build number V184.108.40.206.QFKMIXM and based on Android 10 Q. If you’re using the Redmi K20 Pro Global variant and want to install the update, you can follow this full guide to install MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global Stable ROM. There is no major changes to the update apart from security patch integration.
As we said, this update is now live for users around the globe. If you haven’t received the OTA update on your Redmi K20 Pro (raphael), then you can manually install the MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM on Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro by following this guide. But before flashing the device via recovery mode, I suggest you check the OTA update on your device.
Check for OTA Manually
Xiaomi is always very quick in upgrading their devices to the latest security patch in time. If you have not received the software version V22.214.171.124.QFKMIXM on your Redmi K20 Pro, then make sure to to follow the below simple steps to check the new OTA on your phone.
- Go to Settings menu > tap on About Phone > tap on Software Update.
- If the latest V126.96.36.199.QFKMIXM update is available on your Redmi K20 Pro device, then simply download and install it.
Whereas, if the update isn’t arriving on your device, you can manually install the firmware update by following the guide below.
Now, let’s take a look at the update changelog below:
- Updated Android Security Patch to December 2019. Increased system security.
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Couldn’t open notification settings in the Notification shade in Second space
- Optimization: Localized payment security icon for India
- Fix: Images overlapped in scrolling screenshots
Steps to Install MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM for Redmi K20 Pro (raphael)
To install the update manually, make sure to check out the pre-requirements and downloads before flashing.
- This MIUI 184.108.40.206 Global Stable ROM file is only supported for the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro.
- Try to fully charge your device before installing the firmware.
- We will recommend you to take a complete backup of device data without root.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB cable are required.
Instructions to install
After following all the pre-requirements and downloads properly, now you can proceed to the guide in order to install MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global Stable ROM update on your Redmi K20 Pro via Recovery or Fastboot method manually.Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can also check out the full-depth tutorial video from below:Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
That’s it, guys. We hope you have found this guide useful and successfully updated the MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM on your Redmi K20 Pro (raphael) device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.